Originally posted by Delmarco+Jan 3 2005, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delmarco @ Jan 3 2005, 01:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Live_the_Curves@Jan 3 2005, 02:04 AM Is it because the car was built/assemble in the United States. Check your vin number it says US instead of germany's WB
318i aren't made in the US....maybe it's assembled but not made in the USA!!!!
All the parts in my car says made in Germany and my VIN number says it too!!!
The easiest way is to find out whether or not BMW has a manufactering plant in the US. As far as I know, they do not. Even new E46's are made and imported in from Germany. The ugly X3 is build in Austria. Also, I don't know what kind of problems you're talking about. But aside from the engine, everything else on the 318 is identical to the rest of the non M E36 3 series.
2 things I hate about BMW's...
1. electrical problems galour! I can't even remember how many countless wires and plugs I've replaced and resoldered!
2. cheap interior trims and fitment, very poor quality. Everything squeeks!
Aside from that,
BMW ist gut, das beste handhabungsauto in der welt!
__________________ <u>1994 M-Technic M42 Saloon - Trillium Chapter - 5130</u> Stock - 2866lbs Current - 2670lbs
<a href='http://www.geocities.com/mtechnik42' target='_blank'>- VIEW MY MODS AND PICS</a>
<a href='http://www.automobile-technik.com' target='_blank'>- PARTS FOR SALE</a>
Originally posted by 94BMW325i@Jan 3 2005, 11:27 PM bigred318,
Did your car come with the painted side skirts? Mine are kinda grayish. I heard it's because I don't have the sport package.
no that was modified by the previous owner all e36 prior to 1996 or 1997 came with grey side skirts, we all modify our skirts in here...from grey to color matched....I may keep my grey since I matched my calypso red color....
1. Airbag sign pops up -- cost to replace seat belt tensioner
2. Leak in the windsheild fluid tank due to the headlight cleaners.
3. Water pump blows up -- cost of getting a new water pump with some hoses
4. faulty climate contol, everyone has this problem
5. hoodshocks gone dead, both of them
6. head gasket cranked so the car leaks oil -- wayy to costly to fix
7. the parking brake does'nt work 'woren out or something burnt out' -- did'nt care about fixing it
8. Steering wheel vibrates sometimes because the front tie-rod or arm is lose or cracked
9. A/C does'nt work, got it fixed last year but now it does'nt work again
10. Car does'nt start sometimes -- mechanic said its the fuel pump, so I replaced the fuel pump, 6 months later the same problem
11. Stupid heat sheild from the exhaust keeps on vibrating -- going to ask the mechanic to remove it next time
all repairs done by a BMW dealership
These are just problems from the top of my head, from just driving the car for 76000 km since I bought it at 99000 kms.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.