Where do I buy Castrol Superclean? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cannon00000 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Decided to remove the grey from my sideskirts on my 95 325is. Ive read the the forums explaining the best way to clean that off, however wasnt sure where to purchase the Castrol Degreaser. Anyone know off hand? Thanks, KJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:28 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Cannon00000@Sep 19 2004, 09:50 AM
Decided to remove the grey from my sideskirts on my 95 325is. Ive read the the forums explaining the best way to clean that off, however wasnt sure where to purchase the Castrol Degreaser. Anyone know off hand? Thanks, KJC
Strauss AutoZone or most auto retailers. Becareful with that stuff. Also check to be sure you have paint under your entire grey and not some, or you'll have an ugly surprise waiting for you. you can do test spots in the lower areas and tiny areas in the upper parts.

I've also seen some DIY links where a guy is using brillo pads to scrub the grey off ( used not sure how of if that'll work).

GOOD LUCK!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	delmarco.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	12420  

#3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:54 AM
5th Gear Member

TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
went to get that at pepboys last week
i was doing the same thing.. it looks so much better, but after you remove it, it dries back to grey, at that point put on some polish and wax to make it body colored

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 11:54 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by TMac325is@Sep 19 2004, 10:34 AM
went to get that at pepboys last week
i was doing the same thing.. it looks so much better, but after you remove it, it dries back to grey, at that point put on some polish and wax to make it body colored
I remembered this post. What would happen when the polish and wax dries up or wears off? Is it going back to grey?

I'm currently saving up $ to repaint my sides after what I went thru.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0542.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	12423  

#5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
if u can get luckey, u can actually find Pre-painted side skirts from an m3, or a sport package e36... they fit, but it takes some time to find them....

if it really makes u mad... then go to bavauto and get the m3 side skirts... they arn't too exspensive, then the painting it whats gunna cost the most!!

gl!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Neutral Member

liltrig99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried to remove the grey on my skirts, but it wouldn't come off. I guess they werent old enough, it looked like someone had just applyed it before i bought the car, so it was new and not fading and to tough. So in the end, i just painted over them myself, and if i say so myself it looks nothing other then professional , plus it only cost me like $20 for the paint and it was a perfect match. I bought the paint online.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
quality

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by liltrig99@Sep 19 2004, 07:39 PM
I tried to remove the grey on my skirts, but it wouldn't come off. I guess they werent old enough, it looked like someone had just applyed it before i bought the car, so it was new and not fading and to tough. So in the end, i just painted over them myself, and if i say so myself it looks nothing other then professional , plus it only cost me like $20 for the paint and it was a perfect match. I bought the paint online.
$20!? How'd you manage that?

I'm waiting to pay $600+ to have the shop paint over my skirt and bumpers.

Please share. What site did you get the paint? How did you prep? What did you use to finish it?

#8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Neutral Member

liltrig99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well first i got a car wash, a real good one, but i don't think thats neccesary, but just wash the skirts real good until you get all the dirt and grease off. Then, depending on how smooth they are initially, (mine were fine, i could see a little texture before, but afterward painting it looked smooth) you might want to sand it out. I don't think its neccessary, cause i didnt. Then just use the paint from this site, they will custom mix the color for you, and they do a VERY good job matching your code. Click Here for site. Also ur gonna need to buy some clear coat, i bought the most expensive one. If your only doing your skirts, u'll only need 1 can. ( I painted both my bumpers and my skirts with it.)

P.S when you paint them, make sure your cars completly dry, cause it sucks when you start painting and then water starts to drip. Also, u'll probably need like 4-5 coats, but just go until it looks good, and then some more. I would put up picks, but no Digital Camera, but it looks perfect, like it can with the car.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Neutral Member

greennvmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to greennvmachine
they grey comes off easy you just have to let it soak on there for an hour or two. to hold the liquid on i used paper towels, and stuck them and resprayed when the felt like they were drying. As i was removing the grey sometimes i had to spray while i was scrubbing it off, and i used a detailing brush i think it was plastic bristled,it took two hours total. WEAR GLOVES!!!
#10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:48 PM
quality

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by liltrig99@Sep 20 2004, 02:58 PM
Well first i got a car wash, a real good one, but i don't think thats neccesary, but just wash the skirts real good until you get all the dirt and grease off. Then, depending on how smooth they are initially, (mine were fine, i could see a little texture before, but afterward painting it looked smooth) you might want to sand it out. I don't think its neccessary, cause i didnt. Then just use the paint from this site, they will custom mix the color for you, and they do a VERY good job matching your code. Click Here for site. Also ur gonna need to buy some clear coat, i bought the most expensive one. If your only doing your skirts, u'll only need 1 can. ( I painted both my bumpers and my skirts with it.)

P.S when you paint them, make sure your cars completly dry, cause it sucks when you start painting and then water starts to drip. Also, u'll probably need like 4-5 coats, but just go until it looks good, and then some more. I would put up picks, but no Digital Camera, but it looks perfect, like it can with the car.
Thanks,
I'll actually try this one. It can't possibly go wrong.
Delmarco

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)