Where to buy a.....(help) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MrInFiNiT3 will become famous soon enough MrInFiNiT3 will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Where to buy a.....(help)

B) Ok so I baught my 93 325 on Sunday and Ive already had to replace the fuel pump... which was actually pretty ez (im used to working on Jap cars) OK so there went 250$ 2 days after buying the car... Im cool... no probz rite.... well driving home from work today launching from a stop my clutch slipped..Well DAMMIT! Im not having good luck so far...my fault tho for buying this buet. off of a 19 y/o kid(spoiled brat). So my question now is where can I buy a decent clutch kit? I don't totally trust the ebay guys and the local auto shops (autozone , kragen , pepboys) all hire a bunch of retards which every one of the clerks asked me if a 325i is a BMW....(dont you wish someone could invent a way to backhand over the phone).. Also is there a way to know if I have the duel flywheel set up with out dropping the trans. That way I only have to do it once when I actually install the thing ?

Thanks

Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInFiNiT3
B) Ok so I baught my 93 325 on Sunday and Ive already had to replace the fuel pump... which was actually pretty ez (im used to working on Jap cars) OK so there went 250$ 2 days after buying the car... Im cool... no probz rite.... well driving home from work today launching from a stop my clutch slipped..Well DAMMIT! Im not having good luck so far...my fault tho for buying this buet. off of a 19 y/o kid(spoiled brat). So my question now is where can I buy a decent clutch kit? I don't totally trust the ebay guys and the local auto shops (autozone , kragen , pepboys) all hire a bunch of retards which every one of the clerks asked me if a 325i is a BMW....(dont you wish someone could invent a way to backhand over the phone).. Also is there a way to know if I have the duel flywheel set up with out dropping the trans. That way I only have to do it once when I actually install the thing ?

Thanks

Jake

i got a clutch kit from the dealer for like 300 bucks, if i remember correctly it had everything except a new flywheel

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
#3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Ljk619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes you do have a Dual-Mass Flywheel. Not quite sure how that'll help you but in whatever way hopefully it does.

As far as clutch kits, if you're an independent worker (working on the car in your backyard) then I'd say dealer. Warranty and all that jazz. If you work for a shop then look up a wholesaler company under the name of SSF, they sell OE stuff cheap, hence wholesale.

///M The most powerful letter in the alphabet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)