BMW Werkz banner

WHEEL and TIRE Question

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
I Have a 97 328i sport Pkg with stock 225/50/16 I need any info on what size wheels and tire I can fit with little or no problem? I would to have 19" but I think 18" would be the smarter choice. I've called many places and i've got many different answers. For example: Tire Rack told me that Going with front: 235/35/18" and rear: 245/35/18 with 8.5 all or 8.5 / 9.5 rear would work??? Discount tire told me front: 225/40/18 and rear: 245/35/18 would work same 8.5/9.5???????? I also called a few other wheel shops and got about the same tire sizes. what are you guys running with? your info would be most useful. What do you recommend? I would like to go as wide as possible in rear with out rolling any fenders. :wrench

Thanks for any info you may have!

#2 ·
8.5 is as far as you can go in the rear without needing to roll. 9.5s will definitly require rolling. You can squeeze 8s in up front, but sometimes 8.5s require it up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.