¿Whats going on here? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
marcopolio is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
¿Whats going on here?

So I was driving to my girlfriends house a few weeks ago to pick her up in my bitchen ti that I love so dearly and when she got in the car I wanted to close the sunroof cause it was starting to rain a bit. Only problem is that it wouldn't close. I checked the fuse which was fine, and I pulled the cover off the sunroof motor to check for any obvious problems. Nothing. So I put it back together and while driving I just kept pressing the close switch over and over for a few minutes and then it started working again! It worked fine for maybe a week and then the same thing happend right when I showed up to work late work late. So then it worked for maybe two weeks and then today I went to put it up into vent mode and it wouldn't pop up. I pulled the cover off again and when I pressed the switch I could hear the motor go "click...click" like when your window is rolled up all the way and you hit the roll up window switch. So what the heck does this mean? Faulty switch? Faulty wiring? Faulty motor? I think my car is mad at me because it knows I'm getting ready to sell it in a few months.

P.S. Its only the forward half of the switch that isn't working.

Last edited by marcopolio; 04-25-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolio
So I was driving to my girlfriends house a few weeks ago to pick her up in my bitchen ti that I love so dearly and when she got in the car I wanted to close the sunroof cause it was starting to rain a bit. Only problem is that it wouldn't close. I checked the fuse which was fine, and I pulled the cover off the sunroof motor to check for any obvious problems. Nothing. So I put it back together and while driving I just kept pressing the close switch over and over for a few minutes and then it started working again! It worked fine for maybe a week and then the same thing happend right when I showed up to work late work late. So then it worked for maybe two weeks and then today I went to put it up into vent mode and it wouldn't pop up. I pulled the cover off again and when I pressed the switch I could hear the motor go "click...click" like when your window is rolled up all the way and you hit the roll up window switch. So what the heck does this mean? Faulty switch? Faulty wiring? Faulty motor? I think my car is mad at me because it knows I'm getting ready to sell it in a few months.

P.S. Its only the forward half of the switch that isn't working.
sounds like a faulty motor

#3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
or the switch has a short, they tend to short a lot...just get a new switch first they are mere pennies in comparison to the motor

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:25 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
meh, just get a new car, its not worth it...

j/k

#5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Neutral Member

marcopolio is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
meh, just get a new car, its not worth it...

j/k

Lol, you're so right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)