What Headlights Should I Get? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BrianXE36 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
What Headlights Should I Get?

Well its Christmas time again, and the parents are asking what I want. I told them paint the front end, but that's not gonna fly. So I'm defaulting to headlights. I'm looking for something bright and with the angel eyes that would go well with the green I have. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
DJ Auto or Depo ... it's a tossup between the quality really; DJ Auto is probably only slightly better.

Get them from DDM - they come with HIDs either way.

edit: either way get clear Lamin-x to go over them to keep rocks and what not from shattering the glass.

#3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

BrianXE36 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply torque, I've done loads of research today and come to settle on the DJ Auto lights from DDM HERE. I'm thinking of getting the 8000k HID, 55w DDM bulbs as well. 8k should create a soft blue hue to accent the green of the car but without the rice look of higher kelvin ratings (I hope). As for the angel eyes, from the majority of the BMW community, the CCFL lights while they are bright and create a more "clean" looking light, they seem to have a high failure rate and are overshadowed by the newer, more efficient LED technology. I'm thinking about purchasing the DDE Thin-line eyes with the lights, any suggestions?
#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXE36 View Post
Thanks for the reply torque, I've done loads of research today and come to settle on the DJ Auto lights from DDM HERE. I'm thinking of getting the 8000k HID, 55w DDM bulbs as well. 8k should create a soft blue hue to accent the green of the car but without the rice look of higher kelvin ratings (I hope). As for the angel eyes, from the majority of the BMW community, the CCFL lights while they are bright and create a more "clean" looking light, they seem to have a high failure rate and are overshadowed by the newer, more efficient LED technology. I'm thinking about purchasing the DDE Thin-line eyes with the lights, any suggestions?
8000k will be too ricerish IMO. I had 6000k on my e34 and even that was too blue ... 5000k is best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)