BMW Werkz banner

What do you think.

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  RexKing86 
#1 ·
Now I know this is a BMW forum, and many of us are biased for BMW's, but give me you honest opinion here. I MIGHT be getting about $10k or so from my parents towards a new or newer car to ad to the $12k I already have. By selling my 328i, i would have about $30k give or take. Im going to pick cars by this price range. (Some cars yes, are in diffent classes)

#4 ·
I say low priced E46 M3

#9 ·
In that range, I would look for a low-priced E46 m3 first. However, a G35 would be sweet, or its close relative, the 350z. I really like the Mazda rx-8, and would definitely test drive the new Lexus IS350 (RWD ftw!... at last). Well, and make sure to take a look at E46's. A 330i or 33Ci with the performance package (ZHP) will be right in your price range, and is a beauty (aesthetically and machine-wise).

Your possibilities grow if you are willing to take on a loan on top of putting all that cash down.

#13 ·
There will always be three things in my garage. An e36, a Jeep wrangler and my cafe racer motorcycle. With that said get yourself a 96-98 M3 and use the left over money to fix her up. Just think of all the stuff you could buy...

Everything is better when it's built and not bought!

#14 ·
drz said:
In that range, I would look for a low-priced E46 m3 first. However, a G35 would be sweet, or its close relative, the 350z. I really like the Mazda rx-8, and would definitely test drive the new Lexus IS350 (RWD ftw!... at last). Well, and make sure to take a look at E46's. A 330i or 33Ci with the performance package (ZHP) will be right in your price range, and is a beauty (aesthetically and machine-wise).

Your possibilities grow if you are willing to take on a loan on top of putting all that cash down.
THe new IS350 is nice, but all mags still rate the 330i better, it also doesnt come in manual... thats a must unless im driving an SUV

#15 ·
e36surge said:
There will always be three things in my garage. An e36, a Jeep wrangler and my cafe racer motorcycle. With that said get yourself a 96-98 M3 and use the left over money to fix her up. Just think of all the stuff you could buy...

Everything is better when it's built and not bought!
That is true, but more harm can be done then good often. Stock or just basicall modified is more reliable in most cases. I want a car that is fast, attractive, and still somewhat reliable.

BTW- POST YOUR VOTES IN MY POLL!!

#17 ·
test drove an IS350 and it is a really nice vehicle. the interior is excellent in most reviews vs the 330i it was only knocked down by an overbearing safety system and the lack of a manual, but it does come with paddle shifters and what basically amounts to a steptronic transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.