BMW Werkz banner

What Clear Corner Lights To Get???

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  M3Daemon 
#1 ·
want clear corner lights for my 93 318is amd im looking on ebay right now and was wondering what should i look for so i know i am not getting played and so i know they are good quailty

#4 ·
I talked to umnitza.com they were helpful however I have been waiting for my angle eyes, and clears for 3 weeks now. The angel eyes had to clear customs but they hooked me up with clears for like 80 or 90 bucks. I also ordered the LED conversion for the turn signals so it should be interesting to see them when they get in. They should be here early next week.

#6 ·
i dont know why you would ever pay over 50 dollars for clear signals lights. i mean come on, its made out of cheap ass plastic out of china. just look for a seller on ebay with good feedback and u wont get screwed over.

#7 ·
Originally posted by vincentwashere@Jul 7 2005, 11:31 PM
i dont know why you would ever pay over 50 dollars for clear signals lights. i mean come on, its made out of cheap ass plastic out of china. just look for a seller on ebay with good feedback and u wont get screwed over.
[snapback]360611[/snapback]​

It may seem only plastic but there are subtle yet important differences in quality. For example how it is assembled, what glue was used on the moldings etc. You might end up spending less for one pair but you might also have to replace it pretty soon because you're not happy with the fit or the molding is coming off.
But all in all it might be worth a shot if you don't mind a possible hassle of swapping corner lights a couple times (I agree, always check the feedback in detail).

By the way I bought a really cool looking pair of clears of ebay a long time ago. They worked nicely and looked slick but after a couple months it turned out that the inner housing was too close to the bulbs and it started melting :confused
Bottom-line, most ebay products are not tested for long term use.

Daemon
:devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.