wat is a good ride height? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
matt325is is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
wat is a good ride height?

Okay, i wanna lower my e36 325is. The ones that I've been lookin at are tein S lowering springs. either -1.8 front and -.6 rear. or -2.4 front and -1.6 rear. Can you tell me wat is good in your opinion. Do I need to get shocks as well?

thanx
MAtt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
n00b

phathaway is an unknown quantity at this point
if your gonna be driving on the road i would go with the -1.8, -.6. if its only for the track go lower. new shocks aren't required but it would be a good idea while you're at it. also if you get coilovers you could adjust to a lower ride height for the track.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Tein S-Tech? Bad life decision. Doing shorter springs without doing shocks? Even worse life decision.

You want to go with a good set of lowering springs that have a great reputation. For an e36, H&R and Eibach both have great reputations. Eibach doesn't have a great reputation on the e36m3 but it's all good though because you got a 325 where they do just dandy.

I'd recommend yo go with H&R Sport springs. They have a moderate drop. if you do springs, the onyl safe bet (as well as smart) is to do sportier shocks/struts as well. None of that "Oh ill do shocks later bullshit." You own a BMW, save up and do it proper.

If you want a really agressive drop you should do H&R Race springs on a Bilstein sport shock/strut or Koni Single Adjustable shock/sturt.

If you want to be smart on both agressiveness and stance, you should go with a good set of coilovers that have not only height adjustability, but also dampening adjustability.....and then corner balance them.

More importantly....eat pizza.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
1st Gear Member

stracer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to stracer Send a message via Yahoo to stracer
Take a look at my wifes car in my profile. I put H&R sport springs on there. I would not go lower than that unless you are getting good struts. My friend did a generic ebay spring on his 328 and it rode like shit, even though the front wheels were tucked, and it also hit every type of speed bump no matter how big it was.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member

bimmerfreak87 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to bimmerfreak87
go with eibach

hey i have a 323is and i used the eibach prokit. its a set of springs that put a nice drop on it (not to much but not to little) a recommend them. they arent to expensive either. but if you cant put them on yourself be prepared to spend more than you bought them for for someone esle to do it.

side note- pretty much any set of lowering springs you get will make your ride a little noiser. not to much but you can notice it a little. thats because your wheels ride closer to the wheel wells. just so you know.

IT IS WORTH IT
#6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Neutral Member

325IConvertible is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325IConvertible
Matt Trust me on this one I was in your place 3 months ago and started this same type of topic...... all of these great people gave me there opinions and I took the advice and im happy 100%........I got lucky and drove a 325is with H&R's and then Drove a 318 with Eibachs....... Yes H&R's give you the full 1.5 inch drop but I decided to go with them because of the overall feel.... my Car convertible has them on it now and it is a Daily driver and I love it BIG TIME..... Unless you drive down in the sticks you will love it also. I need to make a new picture of my car the one you see below is before it was lowered.

GO H&R I got mine through turnermotorsports.com

Keep this is mind the type of ride you will get is in the shocks go either Bilstein or Koni.... if you want to mess around and play with the car then go koni becauase they are adjustable....... if you just drive it daily and thats it go Bilstein because they valve themselves.

1995 325I Convertible
2002 Corvette Z06
1969 SS 396 Camaro
#7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

bimmerfreak87 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to bimmerfreak87
DUDE we all have good advise and anyone reading this should read and learn from all of us. cause it sounds like we all have experice in lowering this car.

ride hieght is one of the biggest desicions a bmw owner will face. so do alot or research
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)