BMW Werkz banner

Washer Jet Help?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dawg 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just bought my first bmw 96 P 318iS only done 30k! Had a problem with the drivers side screen wash jet not working. I took of the bonnet undercover off and the screen wash was being pumped through but instead of coming out of the main whole that connects to the jet it was all coming out of a small hole on the side of the valve (white valve connecting the washer hose to the jet)? Any ideas how to fix this do I need a new valve and what is the point of the valve and the small exit hole? Why is it all being sprayed through the small hole on the side?

Thanks
Paul

#2 ·
I suffer from the same, passenger side fine, drivers - no go, always keep a bottle of water behind my seat to pour on windscreen if needed - my guess is - the nozzle is blocked, clogged with residue of screen wash ?
Guess re; valve = overflow to prevent pressure build up which would short / fuse pump ? - suggestions welcomed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.