wanted the tempereature and date obc - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
/Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
wanted the tempereature and date obc

I want the obc which has only tempereature and date displays on it and its only has like 8 or 9 buttons, not the the one that comes with all the functions,

its a 1994 318i anybody has one.

preyash

and what is this problem the tempereature button is stuck on -37 c and the temp button i cant press it.

any advice
preyash
lot of electrical problems with my car. i dont know but arent bimmers known as perfect automobiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
well mine is fine, the only electrical problem ive had is that the passenger window rolls down a little bit sometimes when i try to roll it up and takes a couple tries to get it to stay closed. otherwise it has been "perfect"
#3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
If you really really want to switch back you can... I dont know why you would want to... I've seen a write up on how to upgrade from the 8 button to the one with many buttons and it is more trouble than it's worth. But I suppose you could figure out the wiring diagrams, as I recall some of the connections overlap. But I woudn't go through the trouble of changing especailly to one with less functions.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
If the temp is stuck on -37, the temp sensor in the driver's side brake duct is bad, broken, or missing. There is a DIY on fixing the buttons. Either on this forum or www.bimmerforums.com. No car is perfect. Especially one that is 12 years old. BMW's take more maintainance than some, and not everyone maintains them properly. That is why you should inspect and check any used car thoroughly before you buy.

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
the tempature being stuck is your temp sensor... its down near your bumper on the drivers side... its ussually yellow if i remember right... just replace it and it shuold work fine...
#6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:21 PM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
About the temp sensor

Isnt that on the passenger side brake duct, its like a round thing which is made of metal. i dont know maybe i gotta check the drivers side now, its like a antenna or a thing that looks like a watch battery.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:26 PM
/Banned

(Thread Starter)
Hey

One more thing I just checked and the wires are broken and there is no plug to plug the sensor i ordered is there any way i can wire it myself directly to the sensor like splice the wires in to the sensor harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)