BMW Werkz banner

Want To Buy A Repair Manual

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jetblack 
#1 ·
I want to buy a repair manual. My dad has the Chilton manual and it jsut does not have anything that i need. Everytime I look at it for something it gives very generic advice and no pics of what i am doing. I have heard about the Bentley manual but $60 is quite a lot. Any opinions? Also I would like something that talks about interior and such not all engine, since i don't know enough about the engine to mess with it.

#5 ·
Don't get a Chiltons'. Get a Bentley manual. $10 to get the oil service light reset is expensive; $20 for a BMW keychain is expensive; $30 for a video game is expensive; $30 for 'stealth' parking light bulbs is expensive. Rims and ///M body kits are expensive. Not knowing something important about your vehicle can be expensive. $60 for a Bentley manual is not expensive.

Check Amazon.com -- you can probably get it for about $50 with free shipping. If you want 2 then get the Haynes also.

#8 ·
yeah seriously when you sit there and read the bently its just amazing... the chilton... 1)doesnt have any where as much info as the bentley.... 2) chilton has lots of wiring diagrams... to bad you have to be an electrician to read them haha bently is like 900 pages of goodness.... get it...get it now!!

buy the chilton to as many other members put it "wipe your ass with"

David

#10 ·
yup got my Bently brand new from amazon shipped for 50$.... It is funny because people are trying to sell the used ones for more.

#14 ·
thanks everyone, someone pm'ed me about an electronic version they have. Hopefully they can email me and I can check it out and buy the paper manual if I like what I see. You have to have the actual manual because who wants to run back and forth to their computers.

#15 ·
Electronic version person: PM me :D

Edit: this means that I would like that person to get in touch withy me because I want to have the electronic version of the manual. I don't have it. Do not PM me to ask for me to E-Mail it to you, especially if you joined today and have only one post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.