BMW Werkz banner

VANOS

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  kamikazinyc 
#1 ·
Hi everybody, i have a 1993 325is u know if it comes with VANOS?????
and how many HP's this one got ????? I imported it from US :welcome

#10 ·
Euro 325i has 192bhp and the non vanos has 192bhp too.

Vanos engine has more torque over the midrange RPM when you press full throttle the cams move to another postion (15 degrees is what I've heard) so you have more cylinder fill and more torque.

Correct me if I'm wrong

#12 ·
umm this is what I know....

VANOS means... Variable Nockenwellen-Spreizung... in english it is Variable Camshaft Adjustment...

It modifies the position of the camshaft.. only the intake cam in America I think... I'm pretty sure BMW's double vanos system didnt make it over here.. cause of strict emissions laws...

But double vanos alters both cams.. intake and exaust.

This altering of the cams provides for a different amount of air to be traped inside the combustion area.. and allow for a smother and either more or less friction of combustion. More air... better combustion... less air... and so on. So it lets the car Idel better... take off better... and of course.. give it more torque...

European got it good.. they actually can alter the amount of air from the ehaust going into their intake manifold....

#13 ·
All I know is if you got VANO cover up your open air intake your engine is not like the rice rocket don't let any water get in it'll freeze on you. My best friend is a BMW mech seen lots of E36s come in the dealer ship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.