BMW Werkz banner

The usual sunroof problems

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bigred318 
#1 ·
Hmmmm,

My electric sunroof (94 318is) works perfectly when you want to fully open it.

When you want it to "flap up" at the back it doesnt fully retract the cloth section...it only goes back a third of the way...the external part seems to work just fine but not the internal.

Any ideas...has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

J...

#2 ·
My flap thingy (see other thread--search for flap thingy) function did not work at all until a few weeks ago, now it does. The interior panel moves back and forth with the sunroof but may be slid with one's hand as well. Can't help you fix it, but I feel your frustration *sighs* :thud

#3 ·
Lol...yes I saw your post on the "flappy thing"!

I dont want to force/break anything mechanical...are you sure the interior panel can be pushed back by hand?

J...

P.s Is your car a 318i...it looks like mine and I have M£ alloys on 17"...having some tramlining issues with the bigger wheels

#4 ·
My interior panel usually slides closed when I put the flap down, but not always. I can then just slide it forward manually. It hasn't hung up in a while though, kinda weird.

No, it started life as a 325is, but it has undergone quite the transformation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.