Used M3 Springs - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
docrobot is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I am getting a set of '97 M3 Shocks with ~60k on them for my '92 325i for dirt cheap! What shocks do you suggest with these springs?? Are the M3 Springs considered to be lowered when compared to stock 325i springs? If they are not a match, I can easily not use them and buy a new set.

I am a daily driver with minor track (slalom) duty. I just want a tighter, more aggressive suspension without trips to the chiropractor...

Yes, I tried to search for that thread last month on the Benefits of H&R Springs and (was it?) Bilsteins from a member who sells them. Which thread was that?

Can someone provide specific part numbers for this combo on a '92 325i?

Thanks in advance guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:23 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I can't provide specific part numbers. But I know that you need to convert to a complete M3 suspension to use the springs. You will need the upper and lower spring perch from an M3, you'll need the tab mounted sway bars for the M3 and you'll need shocks/struts designed for the M3. After it's all said and done it costs a lot more than getting aftermarket springs and shocks for the 325i. The only good thing is that you don't need a spring compressor except to put the M3 spring/struts/perches together. Then you can just toss your stock 325i components.

edit: I suppose you could reuse your stock sway bars since the 92 has tab mounted sway bars as well... hmmm now that I think about it you might have bascially the same lower spring perch... I think it's time to call the stealership and ask for part numbers.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:44 PM
3rd Gear Member

tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote=docrobot,Mar 8 2005, 03:07 PM]
I am getting a set of '97 M3 Shocks with ~60k on them for my '92 325i for dirt cheap! What shocks do you suggest with these springs?? Are the M3 Springs considered to be lowered when compared to stock 325i springs? If they are not a match, I can easily not use them and buy a new set.

Get a set of Bilstein sport shocks. The M3 springs are shorter and the sports are designed for lower springs. Any reason you can't use the M3 shocks?

Okay, reread your post . Did you buy shocks or springs? Or both?

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
m3 springs are not much lower than the sport shocks on 325. i had them on my car before my current setup. see if you can get your hands on some used m3 shocks to match them up, but if you want , try either bilstien or koni.

#5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
2nd Gear Member

docrobot is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
DOH!

I am getting M3 Springs, not shocks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)