BMW Werkz banner

Urgent Help

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mmclaren 
#1 ·
This Friday i was hoping to take my car down to Canberra for SummerNats "Car festival" and my problem is my gearbox oil is low. I am not booked in with the stealership for service and they were going to change it then. Is it possible to refill it and use the old gasket just for this trip "approx 500km total"
At the moment i can tell the oil level is low so it has to be changed.

Another question i only notice it being low between neutral and first gear, if cruising along does it need to be full, since there wont be any stopping and starting or do i really require to have it full.

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a guide how to change it

THX Heaps

And btw i hope everyone had a happy new year, and a slow hungover New years day ;)

Ahh just remeber just another small problem is the caliper "think thats wat its called" holding the brake pad is loose. I tried to tighten it "went and bought a 7mm allan Key" but it doesnt seem to hold it tightly giving the car a front rattling sound and also a very squeeqy brake. Any ideas on this small but not urgent problem will be appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by mmclaren@Jan 4 2005, 07:37 PM
This Friday i was hoping to take my car down to Canberra for SummerNats "Car festival" and my problem is my gearbox oil is low. I am not booked in with the stealership for service and they were going to change it then. Is it possible to refill it and use the old gasket just for this trip "approx 500km total"
At the moment i can tell the oil level is low so it has to be changed.

Another question i only notice it being low between neutral and first gear, if cruising along does it need to be full, since there wont be any stopping and starting or do i really require to have it full.

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a guide how to change it

THX Heaps

And btw i hope everyone had a happy new year, and a slow hungover New years day ;)

Ahh just remeber just another small problem is the caliper "think thats wat its called" holding the brake pad is loose. I tried to tighten it "went and bought a 7mm allan Key" but it doesnt seem to hold it tightly giving the car a front rattling sound and also a very squeeqy brake. Any ideas on this small but not urgent problem will be appreciated
[snapback]264422[/snapback]​

The brake issue: You might be missing the front anti-rattle clip. The caliper is held in by those two bolts and a front clip that goes from the top to the bottom of the outter caliper side. If it's not thereyou will need to buy a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.