BMW Werkz banner

Tyre Choice

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  TMac325is 
#1 ·
I need to replace my tyres,
205/55/16
which one do you prefer on a BMW coupe (handling durability look)?

the Michelin Pilot Exalto
the Dunlop Le Mans 702
the Continental Premium Contact
the Bridgestone Potenza G3

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Go to tirerack.com and you'll can see how different tires are rated.
If I'm right the Pirelli P-Zero Nero has the best results.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Diabolic@Nov 5 2004, 08:19 AM
I need to replace my tyres,
205/55/16
which one do you prefer on a BMW coupe (handling durability look)?

the Michelin Pilot Exalto
the Dunlop Le Mans 702
the Continental Premium Contact
the Bridgestone Potenza G3
[snapback]224994[/snapback]​
FUZION TIRES, ARE THE BEST FOR THE MONEY, POINT BLANK. I OWN A RIM SHOP AND I SWEAR BY THEM. I HAVE A 94 325 CPE, 235-40-17 REAR 225-45-17 FR, GOOD LOOKS AND HANDLING YOU WON'T BELEIVE, THERE LIKE $85-$90 A TIRE FOR YOUR SIZE

#6 ·
Originally posted by ///Matt@Nov 5 2004, 11:00 AM
I reccomend the continentals. I've had no problem with mine on my M3. Not only are they usually cheaper, i've found that they perform better in wet conditions.
[snapback]225060[/snapback]​
Continentals don't seem to have a long tread life. :driving

#10 ·
Go to tirerack.com, as others have stated, and do a search and check reviews. I have BFGoodrich's KDWS, z-rated all season. SO far pretty good, tho they seem to follow grooves in road pretty wicked.
The Pirelli P-Zeros seem to get the best rating. Thats what I'll do when these when the BFG's wear out.

#12 ·
Falken's, khumo ecstasa's (not the supras) and now perili
I have the perili nero m/s ones and I gotta say, after you break them in, they really are nice. Much quieter ride than my khumos I was running on, but the sidewall isn't softer than them in the least. In the begining, you'll think they REALLY suck, but give them a few hundred miles and your opinion will change.
Wet traction is absolutely amazing compaired to the khumos.

#16 ·
i have goodyears on mine, but id say michelin makes the quality goods from my experience

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.