BMW Werkz banner

Try This Again... CD Changer Wires

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  meh001 
#1 ·
I already posted this once in the wrong area. I'm completely new to this so I will excuse my mistake.

Anyway, I have a 1995 318is that has the little tag in the trunk saying it's pre-wired for the CD Changer. I found the power plug but cannot find the round plug/cable. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Also, in looking around I found an electronics box above the driver's rear wheel tucked in behind the trunk carpeting. It's about 2X6X9 and I saw two connectors attached to it. What is it?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
Originally posted by meh001@Jul 19 2004, 08:24 PM
I already posted this once in the wrong area. I'm completely new to this so I will excuse my mistake.

Anyway, I have a 1995 318is that has the little tag in the trunk saying it's pre-wired for the CD Changer. I found the power plug but cannot find the round plug/cable. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Also, in looking around I found an electronics box above the driver's rear wheel tucked in behind the trunk carpeting. It's about 2X6X9 and I saw two connectors attached to it. What is it?

Thanks,
Mike
You may have to pull the interior of your trunk out to find it. Mine was in the right rear corner up near the top.

#3 ·
what you saw behind the carpet was the factory amp. The CD plug is on the other side. The plug and powercord are usually ziptied together at some point, so following one will lead you to the other.

#5 ·
Thanks to everyone for your help. I am still looking--can't find the cable yet, but I guess it's there somewhere. In the process of looking, though, I did find some interesting vent panels, so I'm learning more and more about all that "German engineering."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.