BMW Werkz banner

Trunk lock

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  007ben 
#1 ·
Does your trunk lock unlock the rest of your car when you use it?

Mine just locks the rest of my car when i lock it. when i unlock it the whole car stays locked.

#7 ·
wow, I never knew it even did that. I just use my clicker and it unlocks and locks the whole car, including the trunk. Its the only way I can engage and disengage the alarm. Other than that, anything sets it off...

#12 ·
It should unlock the doors. There's something wrong with the trunk lock or wiring. No matter how the doors were locked, if they're locked and you unlock the trunk, the doors unlock, too. If you then lock the trunk, the doors all lock. They're all part of the same locking system if it's working properly.

#13 ·
My locks it all the time but only unlocks sometimes too, I spoke to a bmw tech he said it had something to do with the factory alarm system. he also told me that if your alarm system is like new you should be able to leave all your windows open even your sunroof, lock it from the driver side door holding the key in the lock possition for 10sec's and it should roll up the windows and close the sunroof. I haven't been able to doit with mine but my factory alarm was tampered with by an uncarring previous owner.

Attachments

#15 ·
Originally posted by YNGRVP@May 18 2004, 01:29 AM
My locks it all the time but only unlocks sometimes too, I spoke to a bmw tech he said it had something to do with the factory alarm system. he also told me that if your alarm system is like new you should be able to leave all your windows open even your sunroof, lock it from the driver side door holding the key in the lock possition for 10sec's and it should roll up the windows and close the sunroof. I haven't been able to doit with mine but my factory alarm was tampered with by an uncarring previous owner.
No alarm...
and keeping the key turned willl close the windows but not the sun roof but ive read thats just a safety thing and I'm not worried about it closing or not closing. I usualy roll them up as i reach my destination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.