BMW Werkz banner

Traction Control Not Working

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kvadgama 
#1 ·
I went to the track today and pushed the car pretty hard, everything was working fine. Fine as in whenever I turn on my car, i would have to press the acs button to turn traction control OFF. Well, after my last run it started raining and as i pressed the acs button to turn traction control ON, it wouldn't turn on. I turned off my car, and my car would start up with traction control OFF and i'm unable to turn it back on. I know traction control is off because the yellow light is on in my dash. Does anyone know whats going on? Could I have broken something at the track? Or do you think i can just reset my ecu or unplug the battery. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

#4 ·
fisr try a battery reset. take both the cables off the battery and touch them together for about a minute and let it sit there. the longer the car is disconnected the better. however when you touch the cables together that should take care of most of the discharging of any capacitors in the computers.

if that doesn't work you'll prolly have to take it in and have the faults read from the computer.

#5 ·
Originally posted by bryan1970@Mar 20 2005, 08:17 PM
fisr try a battery reset. take both the cables off the battery and touch them together for about a minute and let it sit there. the longer the car is disconnected the better. however when you touch the cables together that should take care of most of the discharging of any capacitors in the computers.

if that doesn't work you'll prolly have to take it in and have the faults read from the computer.
[snapback]315413[/snapback]​
alright thanks i'll try it tomorrow morning. i also heard some people mention my throttle body so ill take a look at that tomorrow too to make sure the asc wires are all hooked up. Thanks for the help ill reply later if it's still a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.