BMW Werkz banner

Totally locked ot of car - and why won't it start anyway!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  madness2ne1 
#1 ·
Hi people, this forum seems like it has lots of active pros and helpful people so I will try my luck here.

The other day my BMW 318 Coupe (M reg) failed to start up and so I locked the car using the fob and returned 20min later. However, the car didn't respond to the fob and so I called road site assistance. They managed to unlock the car, using the boot lock but the alarm keeps going off. All the lights come on as usual but the blinking light on the dashboard doesn't stop even when I press the fob. The assistance guy checked my fob and also changed the battery and so the fault is not with the fob.

I think that maybe the immobiliser has stopped working. In the past I have had problems very similar, where the car wouldn't start. Sometimes it took me a few tries to get it started and sometimes I have had to leave the car for up to an hour. I had the car checked before but the garage couldn't find any faults.

The biggest problem with my car is that the previous owner took out the all the key holes except the boot. But now I only have access to the boot as the car doesn't respond to the fob and the central locking system doesn't seem to engage as it used to when I lock and unlock the boot. I am therefore totally locked out of the car.

When I open the boot the alarm goes off but the door locks don't open. Is my only option to break a window to get in.

Even when I get in does it sound like I will be able to start the car using the code in my alarm booklet. The alarm is a sigma one and on my windscreen is a keypad.

Any help would be great. Thanks a lot.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.