Top side oil changer in BMP? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 10:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scarface is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Scarface
(Thread Starter)
I was looking through my BMP flyer I got in the mail and for 49.95 they have a top side oil changer, it looks like the small tube goes all the way down the dipstick tube...Does anyone know if this would work well? A friend and I were thinking of going in half/half and buying it...Sure would make changing it a little easier!

-1998 BMW 540i6(Axis Penta 20's,M5 shadow grilles,trunk lip,led tails,oem front lip,PIAA lighting)
-2002 Cadillac Escalade(Zinik Luina 22's,OEM HID upgrade)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 10:28 AM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Yeah I was looing at this a while back and decided against it. THe part that didn't seem right, was the fact that all the nasty stuff settles at the bottom of the oil pan, and if you didnt get the "straw" in the right place, you wouldnt get all of that stuff.

Probably works great for new cars, but my car is approaching 100K, and I want to take every precaution to make sure it sees another 100K! :P

#3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
Exactly. It's a great device, but you would get quite tired of pumping almost 7 quarts through that straw very quick, plus there is no way it could get all the oil.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)