BMW Werkz banner

Tires!!!???

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BaLAnCe17 
#1 ·
hey guys/girls. I am 95% sure im gonna buy the ASA ar1 18'' wheels very soon. i was hoping to get opinions on tires. preferably brands from tirerack, so i can have them mount and balance them. so anyone w/ 18'' wheels give me some feed back on ure tires!!. thanx :rock

~dave

#2 ·
I really like my Yokohama AVS sports, but they get a little noisy after about 6,000 miles. I would say the Bridgestone SO-3 or Michelin Pilot Sports, but they are pretty pricey. A very good all around tire is the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S they are just not as "performance oriented" as the previously stated tires. Let us know what you decide and if you like them. good luck.

#3 ·
:thumbs i have another question for anyone. some more input would be sweet, if anyone has more but, i would be getting 18x8. at tirerack they suggest 225 width all around :dunno . it is possible to fit 235 on all four w/o rubbing right. i guess i wasnt sure why tire rack would suggest taht. thanx!!! cya guys

~dave

#4 ·
From what I understand the 225 number is the actual tire diameter, which means you would be changing the tire size and affecting the overall gearing of the car. By the way what are you looking on spending for that setup. I looked at 17" M3 replicas and S03s and they wanted like 2 grand for that.

#5 ·
over all gearing of the car... :wtf im just talking about tire width. YoungExec728 has 235s all the way around, the other possibility is 225 on front and 245 on back. it is the width of the tire = more grip on the road...i dont see how it would affect the gearing :dunno . the wheels i want are $230 a piece, so.... that = $920+tires. and that was the whole point of this thread. to get input from other people but ive gotten 2 responses. the tirerack tire reviews are helping though.

~dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.