BMW Werkz banner

tire selection. Confused. Help?

986 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  greennvmachine 
#1 ·
I have 96 328i with 15" rims. I'd like to get 16" rims with tires but for the tire size, the owner's manual says I have to put 225/ZR50/16, but I saw so many tire/wheel packages, especially in Ebay, with 205/55/16. I guess 205/55/16 wouldn't cause any prob., but I would like to hear your opinion or take on this. Otherwise, I have to put extra cash on buying wheels and tires(225/ZR50/16) seperately.
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thanks

#3 ·
how much are u willing to spend... u can easily fit 18's on a e36... u don't have to worry about that... 1 inch doesn't make a big difference... u wanna spend some money, go to bavauto.. they allways have wheel+tire packages... or buy yourslef a set of rims, and look for a set of tires online, u can get a nice set of tires for like 500.... u can't be too cheap when u get rims and tires.. gl!!

www.tirerack.com
www.aaarims.com
www.thewheelexchange.com

- some cheap websites to get yourself some rims/tires!! :cheers

#4 ·
regardless of people talking you out of 16" the difference between the two sizes 225mm is the tread width,205mm being skinnier, zr50 relates to the series and sidewalls(50 means that the sidewalls of the tire are that% of the first number, in this case 225mm)meaning the 55 series tires and the 50's have similar sized sidewalls the last number is the rim size,
me i think 17" are all you need to look good an function well, 18" are too much metal to move, you will notice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.