Tire Recom for my new 18s - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FATBOi23 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Tire Recom for my new 18s

Hey Guys,
Just got some 18's for my e36. The tires that were on my stockers were really loud. I want to put some tires that won't give me a lot of road noise but not so expensive. Any ideas????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 07:07 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Have a look at the article that is embedded in this Ebay auction description. It gives these tires a pretty good wrap against some fairly well known competition. And they seem to be reasonable priced. Roadster Madness has them on his Z4 and is pretty happy with them.
New 265/30 ZR/19" Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires:eBay Motors (item 140288807664 end time Jan-06-10 16:21:37 PST)

Not the size you want, but this is TWO New 245/45 ZR 18 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires :eBay Motors (item 350242981337 end time Jan-18-10 12:43:05 PST)
And the seller is pretty keen to do business.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

CanadianWraith is on a distinguished road
i wouldn't touch these tires. look at the centre groove on the tire, where does the water go? the grooves don't exit the tire, so hello aquaplane!
Tire Recom for my new 18s-vred1-1.jpg

#4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
CW
I made a similar observation, but the independant review against some reasonable tires suggested that the performance was on par or better. Roadster Maddness has them on his Z and should be able to provide some feedback from personal experience. Have a read of the review embedded above.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member

CanadianWraith is on a distinguished road
yeah, looks can be deceiving, pretty cool looking tread design. cheers and happy new year!

#6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 08:50 PM
42, The meaning of life

Having another look at the tread design, the majority of the treads ridges don't run squarely across the face of the tire, would this allow water to be ejected from the footprint in either direction (front or back) whilst still providing a good surface for lateral stability?
#7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Actually - I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (all season version) in 17's on my Z3 -2002. They are terrific and loads better than the awful Michelin Pilot MXM's that came stock with the Roadster. I have Vredstein Sessanta Ultracs in staggered 20's on my M3 - they ate great and vent water well - there is a tread line on the inside to get rid of the water that works well. I know others with those tires who like them a lot too and the price is very good. This is on a super-powerful car too and it holds well on it and on my friends E55 AMG.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 AM
42, The meaning of life

RM, thanks for offering up that personal experience of these tires. Hopefully that will give FB some confidence in his selection.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
And the noise with the Vredsteins is not bad at all - nice ride!

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
42, The meaning of life

RM, how hard do you have to push these tires to break them loose, because you've got some decent HP at your disposal, but I guess plenty of rubber too.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

I need to take the traction control (DSC) off to do it easily - although goosing it in the middle of a turn will likely step out a wee bit. I recently got new rear tires as you know - and so it is harder to break loose now. These tires are Y rated to 188 mph and ride really well plus they last decently well too. The prior owner of my M3 went thru Michelins, Nittos, Conti's etc and was by far most pleased with the Vredsteins. Remember - my car puts MAJOR power to the wheels too...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
I personally don't cheap out on tires but I don't really have a brand loyalty either. Road noise isn't much of an issue either. I'll pretty much use whatever can take the abuse because believe me when I say I like to spin my tires on the regular.

I personally like my Nitto NT555's on my Beyern's. However I really want to go off the deep end and try the Invo's next.
#13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

I think I read the order was the opposite with the Nittos...?

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 PM
42, The meaning of life

How do the Nittos compare in cost and performance to the Vredesteins?
#15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

I heard the Nittos wear out WAY faster. And they are much more expensive with comparable performance.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)