BMW Werkz banner

Tire Pressure?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mrsoul 
#1 ·
My tires say the max psi is 55, Ive always run mine with 35psi. Should I be inflating them more? I was told by a mechanic that 35 was just about right for a car my size regardless of what the tires say on them. any thoughts?

#2 ·
Originally posted by Cannon00000@Jun 12 2005, 09:13 PM
My tires say the max psi is 55, Ive always run mine with 35psi. Should I be inflating them more? I was told by a mechanic that 35 was just about right for a car my size regardless of what the tires say on them. any thoughts?
[snapback]353042[/snapback]​

hey, the 55psi is a maximum pressure the tire can hold, you don't really want to running more than 32-35 psi, especially in summer. the air in your tires expands when the get hot, so it's best to go 1 or 2 psi below what you actually want to be running.

#3 ·
easy way to check this.... look and see how much your tyres are wearing on the outside edge... if they are rather far up on your side wall... then you need to inflate... but if your tyres are wearing a lot in the middle... you need to let the pressure down... all tyres are different in how they use air... and pressure... but the above post is a good start...

Les

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.