Tinting - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:09 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NickE325IC is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Tinting

I have a '94 325ic(convertible obviously) and i was wondering if you could tint on a plastic window. o and i also was wondering if anyone knew how to clear up the plastic too as the sun is starting to cloud it up. please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Tint wont hold on the plastic. The plastic is porous and the tint wont adhere to it. Someone else might chime in, but the only way I know of to clear it up is to replace it with new.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
since its plastic you might be able to spray it the same way people smoke flashers and taillights

da_bull are you sure it wouldnt stick ive seen people put window tint on headlights and taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 09:27 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
It might stick for a day or two or maybe even a month, but in the case of the head/tail lights, if its laid on the outside (and if the headlights were glass)it would scratch/nick and look horrible in a week. Tail lights are typically sprayed, I think Torque did it to his old E34 if I remember correctly. The spray tint on the tails might last 6 months or so. The plastic in the back window is flexible and the tint wont hold on anything flexible.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)