BMW Werkz banner

TINT PROBLEM!! HELP!!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kraze0g 
#1 ·
I have a '97 bmw 328i and I had my windows tinted about 2-3 months ago. My problem is concerning the tint on the bottom of my rear window (where the "dot matrix" is found with the little black dots) . .. I had a professional put the tint on and it is warrantied but he says that what I have is normal.. All along the bottom of the rear window (over the dot matrix area) the tint is JAGGED and Bubbly. It looks completely "messy".. I need to know of some way to fix this jaggedness of tint over the dot matrix on the bottom of the window -- he tried to "paddle" it out but it did no good. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX THE TINT ON THE BOTTOM??? DOES EVERYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM (WITH AFTER MARKET TINT) WITH THE DOT MATRIX AREA??

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX MY TINT!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

(I MIGHT RESORT TO CUTTING OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE TINT AND TRYING TO PLACE A BLACK VINYL STRIP ALONG THE BOTTOM??)

:thumbsdown

#5 ·
Yeah, I also have 97 328i and looking into tinting. If he is a professional, it should have been a clean tint. You should have him go in and get it fixed.

#6 ·
i guess dont stand for it, keep going back an harassing them to fix it, i have a 93 e36- windows were tinted a few months ago, no bubbling around the bottom, or anywhere, if he is a professional, he should have done a better job, or try to fix it

#7 ·
do you have any pictures of the mentioned problem so some of can more clearly see exactly what is going on?

#8 ·
i have a 1995 318is and it has little bubbles around parts of the window. Its because the tint cant stick to those little black dots that are around the windows. There is nothing that you can do about it.

#9 ·
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

there's nothing u can do about the bubbles/jaggedness on the dot matrix (this includes all cars, most notoriously for mustangs) -- I have come to the conclusion that I can only do one of three things ...

1.) cut the bottom portion of the tint that is jagged and leave it off
this will cause light to be able to go through the window tho
2.) cut the bottom portion off and put a strip of vinyl frmo the inside on it
3.) cut the bottom portion off and fill the dot matrix area with tint marker

i figure im just gonna try doing #3 first and see how it goes, if it doesn't then i'll just use some vinyl and have someone apply the strip on the bottom.

for those saying "he should've done a better job" -- im afraid that is not possible for today I took my car to 3 different auto shops BESIDES the person who did my car, and they all told me the same thing -- "THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT - ITS ONE OF THE FLAWS OF TINTING" -- so i guess i'll have to figure out my own way of doing it (tint marker or vinyl).. i will update those of you who wish to find out what happens after I try these methods by posting in this forum within a couple of days.

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS? E-MAIL ME PLEASE!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.