Time to Fix a few problems - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mmclaren is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Time to Fix a few problems

Ok Here is a little List

Firstly a common problem, my Roof Ceiling Carpet Stuff is sagging, not damaged Just sagging down and looks ugly.
Need to get it fixed.
What is this part called so i can search ebay... Or should i try some spray on glue

Secondly and more Importantly.
My car is lowered, and as of recent i seem to be getting more rubbing when i hit bumps.. Am i looking at replacing, Suspension or Springs or Both.. I have Set aside a few Paycheques ready for this..

Currently i am Running Bilstein Suspension around the Car...

As Far as ride quality goes im looking for more the performance end, as i live in Canberra Australia, our City is just smooooth Round Abouts and since i cant outrun cars, ill just out handle them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 01:48 AM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
you should get stiffer shocks, that way ur tires wont rub against ur fender when u go over bumps and small potholes and i would say change ur springs as well, as u will be doing the shocks.

Thats what i think
#3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
2nd Gear Member

e36surge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e36surge Send a message via MSN to e36surge
Here's the DIY for a 1991 525 for the headliner. Now I know you have an e36 but the process is very similar. You'll hae to remove the visors, interior lights and pillar covers, The tricky part is the sunroof but if you're up to doing it yourself then make sure you have a dry place and maybe another car for a day or two.

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutorials/bmw/

I got some prices up here for when I had my 318. About $250 CAD$ and it took about a day. I've heard that some people have paid $175 in the states.

As for the rubbing: What wheel and tire sizes are you running? And how much of a drop do you have?

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

1979 320is RiP
1994 318is Sold
1995 325is Sold
1995 530i Sold
2004 M3
#4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 02:25 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
how old is the suspension on there, and is it only shocks and struts? what springs do you have? bilstein doesnt make springs that im aware of. so either you cut your springs or you have a set of springs that you may have forgotten the name. if your happy with the ride i suggest two things. 1. roll your fenders out to give you that extra clearance. 2. replace the springs with slightly taller ones. and if you did or do have cut springs do it for sure.

#5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Also note, if your struts/shcoks are worn out, you can get new ones FREE courtesy of Bilstein becuase fo their lifetime warranty. I jsut got new free ones up front!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear Member

mmclaren is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Umm, To be honest not sure of the drop (Although it is very low) As far as the Suspension / Springs Setup goes, im not sure as the last owner had them done.
What i plan to do, is just buy new Springs Shocks the works and know that it is all fine.
What Brands Should i Look at

Wheel Sizes
225/45/17 Front
235/45/17 Rear

What setup would you work with? I have currently $7,500 Banked for this car (Saving for an m3 Conversion, as an m3 1997 still fetches $40,000 AU $35000US)
#7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
2nd Gear Member

e36surge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e36surge Send a message via MSN to e36surge
I'm running 235/45/17 in the front and 245/45/17 in the rear. No rubbing and no drop. Boge all around and OEM springs. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys on this board will be better qualified to tell you about suspension component brands.

If you stagger the tires you won't be able to rotate them. 235/24/17 all around is your best bet. I will be going back to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)