A friend and I are going to be attempting to paint my side skirts and front/rear bumpers to match the rest of my car. I have some questions about doing so for those of you who are painters.
- How much paint will I need?
- what do I do to prep this work if I already have paint on them?
- Anything special for painting the bumpers since they're plastic?
- What are the best techniques for doing this? ie how many coats should I put on, how far away should I stand, what do I sand with and how?
- any tips of advice?
- What kind of an environment should the parts that I am painting be in?
the most that I know is this: need to prep. prime, paint, clearcoat...
now I'm not sure on the details on those things. We have a neighbor who is a professional painter that we're going to ask these things too, but I want to see how your answers match up... also this would make a good DIY project which I will fully document.