tackling a sagging headliner? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
tackling a sagging headliner?

Hey all.. My liner is sagging and actually come completely off at the back of the sunroof and at the rear winshield.. Does anyone know any ways of getting it back to normal.. at least so it isn't flapping in the wind.. Seeming as though I have no AC and it is summer time ?

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
n00b

HeadlinerExpress is on a distinguished road
Headliner Falling !

As many of you have found out using just spray adhesive behind your Old Headliner will not resolve your problem.

The Original Headliner Material from the Manufacture is only 1/8th inch thickness including the Cloth and the Foam Backing combined. From age and heat the foam backing as you have experienced has deteriorated and become a powder form and the cloth has nothing to attach to!

By spraying a Wet Spray Adhesive on the back of the cloth with out the foam backing in place will only bleed through to what you feel is the cloth material in good shape on the interior exposed side, but now you have a bigger mess than before you started trying to fix your old headliner from falling.

I would recommend purchasing a box of regular thumb tacks and tack it up until you can either replace the old Material with New Material in which includes the New Foam Backing your self or have a professional shop take care of the problem for you.

Cutting a small hole into your Headliner & Injecting Adhesives with a syringe does not work!

Spray Adhesive on the back side of the cloth with out the foam backing does not work either!

We have the OEM BMW Materials in stock, these are not after market materials found here in the USA at most Upholstery Shops or supplies houses or even Jo-Ann Fabrics. These are the Original 1/8th inch Headliner Materials that were installed a the BMW Plant when the cars were being Built.

Sold by the Yard

or

We have kits for most BMW Models with enough OEM Material to resolve your headliner issues including the proper High Temp Spay Adhesives designed for these applications.

Any time you need instruction on how to install, please feel free to contact me and ill walk you through the process myself.

Let me know how i can help in any way. Bill

Headliner Express
#3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
plus one
I've also had problems with a sagging headliner and had to completely replace it
sprays or stuff didn't work out at all

#4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 PM
4th Gear Member

PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
After I found out mine didn't work I tossed the can in the trunk and later on my car caught on fire.. LOL lesson learned .. after a really scary moment and a couple of burns on the hand.. never put metal in your truck.. Bmw does put the battery back there lol

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)