BMW Werkz banner

Suspension question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  97alpineM3 
#1 ·
im lookin at H&R suspension to lower my 95 325is but im confused on the different types of H&R. whats the difference between just the H&R Sport Cup Kits and the full Coil Over kit ? i think coil overs are adjustable versus just shock/spring combos. i use the car as a summer daily driver and nice project car so im lookin for aggressive looks and nice handling but its not a race car.
i dont feel like spending almost twice as much for coilovers if i dont need them.
also my cars riding on 18 Beyern wheels and i wasnt sure if i went with the H&R Cup Kit, which has a 2.1F 1.7R drop, if i will have to make any changes in the body. im not sure if ill be hittin the fenders or not
if any one has any info on this id appreciate it
thanks

#2 ·
you are right about how coilovers are adjustable... you can put spring pads in though to raise the back a little if you need to... i think it may be a little low and may rub some but if you dont need the adjustablity this is a great kit... not too mean not too pussy ethier... gives a nice tuck on the back wheels... to be honest with you i almost went that way also... but went for coilovers for my own reasons...

#4 ·
Simple answer here....

Coils... adjustable.... cup kit... cheap version of normal options.

If I was you... replace the shocks/struts with new ones... Bilstein.. ect...

Replace the springs with H&R sport springs... which will lower your ride rather well... but you will have no adjustability...

Trust me... adjustability should be kept to track cars... its worthless for street cars.... trust me... I know... !

Get a good package from turnermotorsports.com or somewhere else that has the Bilstein/H&R package... and you'll be fine... a stiffer suspension... and a all new ride a little lower.

Good Luck,

Les

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.