Supersprint VS AA Headers - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
buuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
Supersprint VS AA Headers

I know this has been beaten into the ground a hundread times, and searching didnt anwser my question.

I am doing a S52 swap and figure I might as well throw a set of headers on there as well. I want long tube ones, so it comes down to pretty much AA and Supersprint.

I will be getting the resonator from Supersprint or the trackpipe to go along with AA.

My question is which one is quieter and which one nets more power.

The supersprints utilize 2 x 2.25 pipes(I think) where the AA goes down to a single 3" inlet for its resonator. This information would say that the Supersprints would have a better combined flow then the 3" bottle neck in the AAs.

I did relize that some people were having clearance issues with their AA headers and I need as much ground clearance as I can get.

Sound wise, who has heard both? I want the quiet one cause I dont want to sound like a ricer flying down the street.

buuhh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Car: 2011 Mazda2, 1990 Miata
Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
the supersprint will almost certainly be quiter, the track pipe will be loud and probably will net more gains since it allows more airflow
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
buuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
How does the Track Pipe net more airflow?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
i thought you said it did, nevermind, i didn't read your post that carefully i guess

i guess i can't say much about the track pipe but i have a friend with an e46 with a full supersprint set up and it sounds close to stock, he was disappointed but the hp gains were there
Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Ive got the exact opposite there. My buddy had the supersprint setup with a borla exhaust (not loud) but it all combined into one very fucking loud e46m3.

Usually supersprint is loud but the main reasonf or this in the e46m3 is because of the loud exhaust valves matted up with the cats that are in the headers stock.

Colin, your best bet is to go with Supersprint. I dont know the price of the supersprint but seeing how AA prices many of the turbo products I wouldn't be surprised if it was quite a bit mroe expensive than the AA headers. I'm sure the AA headers are of superb quality.

Also I've heard some issues regarding AA's headers and ground clearance issues as well. Seeing as how your car is at stock ride height right now I don't think you'd have a problem. Also noting you've got a rieger front bumper I'm skeptical as to whether you would lower it enough for the headers would even be a ground clearance problem.

My guess is SS would be quieter.

track pipe? Why even worry about which headers are louder. And just have a shop weld in straight pipes. It's about 1/7th the price.

double edit: Why are you wasting money on headers anyways? S52's come with OBDII headers.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Photos:
yeah my buddy has the supersprint muffler too, it really quiets it down
Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
double edit: Why are you wasting money on headers anyways? S52's come with OBDII headers.
Why is that a good thing? Having seen my old cracked one, those don't look like they're especially free-flowing.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
Ya, I really like the long tube design. Eventually I will get a TS which would be nice. I have also been thinking about the Techique Turbo kit, if I go the turbo route it would make headers useless so I still have to see what I want to do. I might be better off just saving the cash and putting it towards the little stuff like clutch and flywheel, cause either way I am going to need that.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
Why is that a good thing? Having seen my old cracked one, those don't look like they're especially free-flowing.
OBDII's are tubular in design. They have larger inner diameters and smoother inside surface and also are lighter than the cast OBDI exhaust manifolds.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
Either way I have to buy them cause my engine isnt going to come with them

Old 03-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
Odd. I still think you should buy some used OBDII headers and save some cash. You're goign to also want an LSD, remember? Try and get the s52 with the M3 drivetrain. Tranny driveshaft and LSD. ZF > Getrag

Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
I am doing it through bimmerworld not through an individual. If you see any body selling engines and stuff let me know. What models have the getrag and zf trannies.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
Im pretty sure 328s and m3's have the ZF and everythign else (maybe 323) have getrag

Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
Anybody here not have ASC?

If so how does it affect your driving?

Old 03-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buuhh99
Anybody here not have ASC?

If so how does it affect your driving?
Why would you want ASC? It's an easy delete by the way.

It's a primitive system that seems to be a good idea but when I think about it i'd like to use throttle positioning to gain back control of the car. Only people unfamiliar with cars should require ASC and Colin i think you've learned your lesson about driving like an idiot (although i still don't know how that tiny dent from a tree cost you that much money).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)