BMW Werkz banner

Supercharging 318is,but not the usual way

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SpeedInfusion 
#1 ·
Hello, has any one ever supercharged there 318 with a centrifugal supercharger, not like the one the DASC uses(corkscrew), im thinking this way would be nice because it would be intercooled, any ideas on how i should approach this, im gonna build a spare 318 engine up in my garage(so i can still drive my car), gonna have it on a stand so i can mess around with placement of the s/c, well any advice would be nice, im thinking placing the supercharger in the A/C pump area, less belt travel, plus convenience of plumbing for intercooler,

thanks
p.s. m42-4 guys give me some encouragement

#2 ·
nobrakese36 said:
Hello, has any one ever supercharged there 318 with a centrifugal supercharger, not like the one the DASC uses(corkscrew), im thinking this way would be nice because it would be intercooled, any ideas on how i should approach this, im gonna build a spare 318 engine up in my garage(so i can still drive my car), gonna have it on a stand so i can mess around with placement of the s/c, well any advice would be nice, im thinking placing the supercharger in the A/C pump area, less belt travel, plus convenience of plumbing for intercooler,

thanks
p.s. m42-4 guys give me some encouragement
my buddy just DASC's his 318, hes on bimmerforums.com under TC535i if u wana ask him anything...

#3 ·
hey i think you are a myspace friend, ha well thanks, i think i would get better gains with the centrifugal s/c due to the front mount intercooler, so much potential power is lost through the heat, cant wait, im gonna get my spare engine soon, sourced one with 78,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I don't know about the rest, but the 325I has 50/50 distribution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.