Supercharge Supercharge Supercharge !!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:14 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Supergnome325i is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I'm looking at fitting a supercharger to my 325i, so I'm on the hunt for information regarding the logistics of it.

The story so far:

I know Iím going to use a mini Cooper S Supercharger, which can be easily picked up with just delivery mileage on them as lots of people upgrade to a works kit.

My 325i doesnít have AC so I can change the alternator pulley for one that is used on cars with AC, which will hive me the rotation point.

From this point on is where it gets a little sketchy, I know Iím going to have some compression issues to deal with, and I really want to avoid detonation. I understand that there are some engine management systems that could help with the majority of these issues.

So this is where you guys come in with your infinite wisdom, great ideas or just some moral support.

[attachmentid=18068]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My_BMW.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	17060  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
look at Active Auto werke the have some turbo and supercharger stuff, it sounds like you are trying to skimp out on cost, dont do ths when you are talking about F/I

#3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 10:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Storamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by buuhh99@Feb 4 2005, 11:13 AM
look at Active Auto werke the have some turbo and supercharger stuff, it sounds like you are trying to skimp out on cost, dont do ths when you are talking about F/I
[snapback]285742[/snapback]
Agreed. Don't cut corners when going FI, you'll end up blowing the motor. It will end up being more expensive than if you hadn't cut corners

#4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Kevin325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kevin325i
If you're good at making things you shouldn't have much problem.

You'll have to make up a custom braket for the sc to mount to. You might be able to use a turbo intercooler for the piping to the TB but from SC to IC you'll need to make something.

Ussually the sc on an e36 is mounted on the intake manifold side so stay away for SC intercoolers for the e36.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being cost effective in FI. The cooper S super charger is only going to crank out max 8 lbs of boost. That's what all the other super chargers are going for with stock internals. Stuff is going to wear more quickly but there's no need to buy a pre made kit for 5k when you can put together your own for 3k.

Kevin (President TBEA)

"WAAAAAAARRRRRIORS, come out to plaaaaay."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)