BMW Werkz banner

sunroof problem

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  SpeedsterBMW 
#1 ·
in my 92 325i, you can vent the sunroof but thats all it does, it doesnt open any more than that...what could cause this?

G
#4 ·
i believe the sunroof button didnt "reset" (electronically), and you had to hold it in one direction for a while, like it would get stuck open...it doesnt seem like thats the problem in your case....though maybe it could be since it only tilts up...?

#7 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 21 2003, 06:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 21 2003, 06:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--AZ325Ci@May 21 2003, 08:23 AM
i don't have any problems with mine.

have you tried looking at the motor?
i cant remember if it was e46 or 36, but his motor seems to work fine becuase it tilts, id say its the switch [/b][/quote]
you could be right.

G
#8 ·
Originally posted by AZ325Ci+May 21 2003, 08:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ325Ci @ May 21 2003, 08:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -SpeedsterBMW@May 21 2003, 06:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--AZ325Ci
@May 21 2003, 08:23 AM

i cant remember if it was e46 or 36, but his motor seems to work fine becuase it tilts, id say its the switch
you could be right. [/b][/quote]
i usually am! :lol:

#9 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 21 2003, 06:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 21 2003, 06:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -AZ325Ci@May 21 2003, 08:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--AZ325Ci

i cant remember if it was e46 or 36, but his motor seems to work fine becuase it tilts, id say its the switch

you could be right.
i usually am! :lol: [/b][/quote]
:huh: <_<

j/k :D

G
#10 ·
Originally posted by AZ325Ci+May 21 2003, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ325Ci @ May 21 2003, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -SpeedsterBMW@May 21 2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by -AZ325Ci@May 21 2003, 08:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--AZ325Ci

you could be right.

i usually am! :lol:
:huh: <_<

j/k :D [/b][/quote]
getting back on topic....when some of our e36s owners get on, ims ure they can help you!

#11 ·
thanks for the help guys, i will try to hold it down some if not could there be any cables in there broke? is there even any cables in there??

G
#15 ·
Originally posted by BMWg84+May 21 2003, 01:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BMWg84 @ May 21 2003, 01:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Scarface@May 21 2003, 05:55 AM
in my 92 325i, you can vent the sunroof but thats all it does, it doesnt open any more than that...what could cause this?
At least yours semi-works. I haven't used my sunroof for 3 years! :blink: :f-u [/b][/quote]
so i guess we can conclude this is a normal thing?

#16 ·
Originally posted by Scarface@May 21 2003, 07:55 AM
After you first open it hit the same button again and it'll open a little more..

#17 ·
i wanna go back to this topic. what do you mean only vent i assume you mean tilt and nothing else? the sunroof can tilt and if you push the button again it should go a little extra. if you are having trouble getting the sunroof to retract than i think its probably your switch. if it tilts than the motor is probably ok

#19 ·
maybe the sunroof problems are in the E46 as well...hope they are the same. On my E46, the sunroof sometimes forgets where it is. Ok so when the sunroof is closed and sometimes when I try to open it, it wont. To solve this problem, is to hold the button to close and hold it there for 5-20 seconds. Then everything should work out.

Right now, my slide cover for my moon roof is broken. The tabs broke and now it is all over the place and off track. Sometimes when I open it or close it, it wont because it gets stuck with the slide cover. So when this happens, I gotta open it slowly, or pull on the slide until its back on track. Im finally back from school and next week im sending my car to the dealer to repare the sunroof under warranty.

G
#20 ·
Originally posted by woobiee@May 22 2003, 09:12 AM
maybe the sunroof problems are in the E46 as well...hope they are the same. On my E46, the sunroof sometimes forgets where it is. Ok so when the sunroof is closed and sometimes when I try to open it, it wont. To solve this problem, is to hold the button to close and hold it there for 5-20 seconds. Then everything should work out.

Right now, my slide cover for my moon roof is broken. The tabs broke and now it is all over the place and off track. Sometimes when I open it or close it, it wont because it gets stuck with the slide cover. So when this happens, I gotta open it slowly, or pull on the slide until its back on track. Im finally back from school and next week im sending my car to the dealer to repare the sunroof under warranty.
THATS the problem i was talking about, it "forgets"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.