BMW Werkz banner

Sunroof Issue

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vincentwashere 
#1 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk on here and i have even visited this website http://www.geocities.com/karlkarlb/e36_sunroof.html but i still cant get this thing apart. My problem is that the sunroof is stuck and if you look at my car from the outside then the rear passenger part of the sunroof is sunk in. I tried taking it apart but i cant get the interior headliner panel to slide back so i can access the bolts and everything to take it out. In the website it says to move your sunroof back a little in order to slide the interior panel back into the roof. Well my sunroof will only move about 2mm to the front and rear. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jake (bmwfool)

#4 ·
um, i'll talk to my friend vince, we replaced the panel on his sunroof. It wasnt that hard, but it was fidly as fuck and you might need to source some parts. He got his used at Bavarian Auto Recyclers. pm him at vincentwashere

#5 ·
your lifter is probably broken. if you take it to a shop it will cost maybe 500+ to get it fixed. ive heard cases where it costed 1000+. you can manually open and close your sunroof. by using a Hexkey/Allen wrench and spin the motor manually. just pop open that covering and your sunroof motor is inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.