Suggest some new rims... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
kyle_baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
Suggest some new rims...

i'm trying to decide what kind of rims i wanna get for my boston green 325is. anyone have any suggestions? i'm looking to get some 17's i think and for a reasonable price. i'm open for any suggestions although i'm not normally impressed by "too much chrome". i saw a red 328 the other day around here with some rims that were like aluminum polished look with like black rim part, know what i mean? like the spokes were aluminum but the ring was black and they actually looked really good, so i mean if any of you can photoshop some wheels that you suggest i'll attach a pic of my car to this post so we can see what they look like with the wheels.

oh and the resolution is pretty big just for quality so you can shrinkit down or whatever after you photoshop if you want

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/2615/img07654la.jpg

Last edited by kyle_baker; 11-10-2005 at 06:50 PM.
kyle_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Wheels... you want to buy wheels... you dont want rims... you want wheels... as a whole... the rim.. is the outer portion... go to a shop and ask for a rim... they will give you the outer portion of a two or three piece wheel.

Now that that is covered.... hmm... boston green.... I love green with a dark gun metal... not so much dark as in black... but as in darker than polished alluminum.... BBS makes good wheels... not overly exspensive....

Look at the type of wheels you want... there are many.... go to www.tirerack.com and they will put your car up there and when you select the wheel.. it will appear on the car visually.

iForged makes wonderful wheels.... those are my favorite... and BBS CHs.... good luck... search around bro... this is probably one of the more personal things you can do to the car... make it right... exactly what YOU want... and only YOU.

Good Luck,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
well, i know what you mean about making it fit me and all, but i just can't make up my mind cause i've checked out tirerack.com and they are pretty good at giving me an idea of how they will look, but i was just asking the bmw community what they think would set it off. i want to keep it looking sharp and not ricey or trashing and everytime i pickout a set of wheels that i like it seems like after looking at them for a while they just don't fit or soemthing, so some exampels of a look that is worthy of rolling with a bimmer would be very helpful.

"darker than polished alluminum" sounds alot like what i'm looking for. any suggestions on a style?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
BMW has a large range of OEM styles. Most people usually browse the OEM rims page and find something that they ike and either get a replica in say "dark gun metal" and bigger sizes off aftermarket sites.

www.wheelexchange.com
is a good place to check out plus they are base in North Carolina so you won't have to bother with S&H fees.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
sweet thanx delmarco, thats an excellent link! i'll let you all know which ones i like out of those and see which ones are the best.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
if not try wheelsourceusa.com they are awsome...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
www.tirerack.com

dont just go with whatever looks nice, try and drop some weight while you are at it. I think tirerack is havign a sale on SSR GT2's right now. Stay under 18s and youll be fine.

My suggestions

SSR GT2
SSR Competitions
Fikse (any model)

Those are all pretty lightweight

What is your price range?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
well i'd like to keep it down to around or under $1000 for the wheels, i don't have much of a bank to spend, lol, i'm in college. but i mean i don't wanna get trash, i just wanna get a really good deal, lol.

the SSR Competitions look pretty good to me, i think i'd prefer 17s to 18s just so i can worry alittle less about the rims and i think they would make the ride alittle softer than 18s just cause the amount of air in the tires, alittle less bumpy. i just don't wanna get them and mess up my rims cause i live down a gravel road and most non-state highways are gravel around here so theres a good chance that the gravel could chip at my rims or something i guess is what i'm saying.

anyways 17s look like a good middle, if i get a set of 17s for around or under $1000 about how much will the tires cost?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
cloaked95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_baker
well i'd like to keep it down to around or under $1000 for the wheels, i don't have much of a bank to spend, lol, i'm in college. but i mean i don't wanna get trash, i just wanna get a really good deal, lol.

the SSR Competitions look pretty good to me, i think i'd prefer 17s to 18s just so i can worry alittle less about the rims and i think they would make the ride alittle softer than 18s just cause the amount of air in the tires, alittle less bumpy. i just don't wanna get them and mess up my rims cause i live down a gravel road and most non-state highways are gravel around here so theres a good chance that the gravel could chip at my rims or something i guess is what i'm saying.

anyways 17s look like a good middle, if i get a set of 17s for around or under $1000 about how much will the tires cost?
Thats a whole new topic. What kind of performance do you want out of it. Summer/all season/Wet. Tires could run from $75.00 to $300.00 each. You could always come back to the forum and ask for feedback on how everybody likes their tires to help you on your selection. Good Luck
cloaked95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
General Chaos

Photos:
my rims were 1000 shipped from FL to LA with tires...
Old 11-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
And they also weigh 26 lbs a piece. HP Racing is junk Dont get them.

Go with the Competitions. Trust me everyone will know those wheels and be in love with them. Especially the 17's cuz I thinkt hey onyl weigh something like 14.5 lbs each!!!! Kickass!

Ive heard some bad stories about SSR in 18s. Some people learn to bend them quick but I think you'll be fine with 17s. Good choice, those are some of my favorite (aswell as favs of a lot of BMW tuners).

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 99 323i ragtop
Photos:
SpooldUp will become famous soon enoughSpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_baker

I went with 17 ASA's, which I am very happy with. Sumitomo HTR+ rubber on them. HTRs are not the best but I have about 3000 miles on them and no complaints. The new wheel/tire is lighter than the factory 15's. The setup was about 1000 shipped from tirerack.

http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/picture-showroom/new-rims-323-a-41153.html

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

SpooldUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BImmerN2B is an unknown quantity at this point
i BOUGHT MINE FROM WWW.EDGERACING.COM AND I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THEM. EVERYTHING WAS $802 SHIPPED WITH TIRES AND BALANCED. CHECK IT OUT.

HERE ARE THE ONES THAT I BOUGHT:
http://www.edgeracing.com/1997/BMW/3...36)/wheels/17/

THE WHEELS ARE THE Flix Lex although mine were of a gunmetal instead of titanium.
BImmerN2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
General Chaos

Photos:
nice, they look almost like SSR GT3's without the lip...post pics when u get em on
Old 11-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked95
Thats a whole new topic. What kind of performance do you want out of it. Summer/all season/Wet. Tires could run from $75.00 to $300.00 each. You could always come back to the forum and ask for feedback on how everybody likes their tires to help you on your selection. Good Luck
tire's wise i would go with all seasons simply because of the season changes around here and my limited budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)