BMW Werkz banner

Subframe Bushings

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MyCrowsSoft 
#1 ·
Im replacing the subframe bushings this weekend, we have a lift (thank goodness)
but I dont have the special tools to pull them. I was told just to drill them out.

Any recommendations on how to remove them, Ive heard its a major pain.???????????? Helps...

#5 ·
That job is probably going to be a royal pain to do. You'll need to press them out with a hydraulic press. No way drilling is going to do it.

I did that job on an E32 recently. The big bushings weren't too bad, but the small ones on the trailing arms were a nightmare.

#7 ·
Ok Ive spent all day, and followed some post on to drill them out ,,, nope dont waste your time cause the outer part of the bushing is metal!!!!!! F#*K!!!

So we had to rip out the entire rear end of the car everything, the Diff, just everything, then 6hrs later... took the subframe to the press and... nothing,,!! couldnt press out the bushings and they are glued or epoxed in.

So my car is sitting in a garage till i have a german dealer press them out on monday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.