BMW Werkz banner

Stupid Thermostat...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bryan1970 
#1 ·
ok....got the water pump replaced about 4 days ago by some mechanic. since then the car keeps on overheating, not fully coz i dont let it but the stupid fan wont come on! i know the thermostat doesnt go on because the water doesnt circulate, oh and yeah there is enough water in the engine, 7L+! do i need to reset the thermostat or something? plz help...im gettin a bentley manual in the next few days...

ps. i know the water doesnt circulate because the water pipe on the left side of the engine stays cold while the pipe on the right side is super hot after a drive! its an M50 engine, 1993 320i!

thnx

#5 ·
really the only advantage of the aluminum housing is that it won't get brittle and break. some people say that they also don't leak. but they still can however they are less likely to leak. if it were me i'd just get a new plastic one. i have seen more engines with plastic housings and no leaks that i have seen aluminum ones period. but really either way would get the job done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.