BMW Werkz banner

stock m3 "brake ducts"

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  vwk 
#1 ·
Now, I know these are non-functional (With no plates and all)...

But I still like them to be aesthetically pleasing.

Has anyone had the problem where the oem duct either catches on the wheel or just plain decides to sag? What is the best way to reattach it to the front lip windows (for the vent)? I mean, short of peeling off the entire lip and using nails.

#2 ·
Yes! Mine just plain fell off while driving and I dragged the driver side for 200 meters before stopping.

During an oil change I put her back in place and used duct tape. Been there since. Sorry I don't have another sophisticated fix.

#3 ·
4evrwyntr said:

But I still like them to be aesthetically pleasing.

Has anyone had the problem where the oem duct either catches on the wheel or just plain decides to sag? What is the best way to reattach it to the front lip windows (for the vent)? I mean, short of peeling off the entire lip and using nails.
double sided tape?

#6 ·
double sided tape?

I folded the tape then inserted the duct into the hole and then taped around.

Like I said it ain't pretty and probably won't last forever but it's been there for 8 months.

I'm getting my front end repainted and when the bumper is off the ody shop will be attaching more permanently with zip ties.

#8 ·
4evrwyntr said:
What do you mean, they're non-functional? They put air through your wheel well, don't they? What other function are they meant to perform?

#9 ·
M3UOND said:
What do you mean, they're non-functional? They put air through your wheel well, don't they? What other function are they meant to perform?
to duct air to a plate on the back of the brake assy. in order to get higher velocity air to the brake rotor to more effectively cool it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.