BMW Werkz banner

Stock Exhuast Bolt Up

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BaLAnCe17 
#1 ·
okay i know ill probably get a go out and look under your car and find out, but quite frankly im to lazy. so my question is does the stock exhuast just bolt up, like the part that i would replace for say an AA tuning exhuast? the reason why i ask is because ill be buying my exhuast first and want to know what to expect. do i just unscrew my stock cat back and bolt up my aa exhust of what? how many bolts etc.... and doesnt the aa use the stock hangers etc?

thanks

David

#2 ·
i think there are 4 bolts (2 on each pipe) where the cat back bolts up to the exhaust pipes, and two screws (1 on each side of mufler) for the "hangers." its very ez to do, i unbolted my stock exhaust and put on new m3 exhaust all by myselt in my driveway with jack stands. i say "ez" but by myself it was pretty damn hard so if you have access to a lift and get one person to help you could prob take off old and put new on in about 10 min

#3 ·
Originally posted by -pimpin328is-@Jan 16 2005, 07:04 PM
i think there are 4 bolts (2 on each pipe) where the cat back bolts up to the exhaust pipes, and two screws (1 on each side of mufler) for the "hangers." its very ez to do, i unbolted my stock exhaust and put on new m3 exhaust all by myselt in my driveway with jack stands. i say "ez" but by myself it was pretty damn hard so if you have access to a lift and get one person to help you could prob take off old and put new on in about 10 min
[snapback]272869[/snapback]​

I just replaced my stock1995 325i exhaust with a used M3 exhaust. It's pretty easy but if the bolts are rusted, as mine were, it's a PITA. I would recommend getting all new exhaust hangars from top to bottom. Why go through all the effort just to have something break a year from now. It cost me $120 for all of the hardware, but I think it was well spent. This exhaust will last for the life of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.