BMW Werkz banner

Stock 16's To M Contour 17's...different Lugs?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  93 325i 
#1 ·
if you can still use the stock lug nuts when upgrading to the 17" M contour wheels...I have the wheels ready to go with new Toyo Proxy T1 -R's, but Town fair Tire wont put them on for me, saying its a liability issue.

I'm really anxious to put on my new shoes, if anyone has input on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

btw - the M Contours are 17 X 7.5 all around, and the previous wheels were the style 30 double spoke 16's

#5 ·
^^I didn't say lug pattern. Seat design is how the lug bolts seat themselves against the rim hole; flat, conical or radiused. It's not how far apart they're spaced, which is what you're talking about. Also, the M Contour's may be thicker towards the middle, possibly requiring longer bolts.

#6 ·
I am pretty concerned about the length of the lug bolts...and dont know how exactly I can tell if the stock lug bolts are long enough or not...anyone know how I might be able to determine this??

I'm guessing that they will fit...but I probably wont be able to tell if the threads are grabbing enough into the hub, and it wouldnt be nice to figure out that they werent while on the highway @ 128 mph...which is the speed my governer apparently kicks off at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.