BMW Werkz banner

Spicing up my love life!

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Andrewsd1985 
#1 ·
Being a broke collge student I can't exactly afford new rims right now. I figure when I need new tires I'll get new rims. Right now I've need more important things than rims so here is my proposal.

First off what do you think?
Second what do you recommend for procedure such as prep and paint type?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats actually a photoshop job. But i'm gonna get that done also

#4 ·
I have the same 15" wheels as my winter wheels, I'm doing this as we speak ;)

Do it, it looks nice. I'm using gun metal, not black though.

Bry

#9 ·
Originally posted by bitcore@Apr 12 2004, 03:56 PM
I'm not feelin that silver ring around the rim at all though... Other than that, Go for it!
i am on the other side of the coin, i am feeling the chrome ring. when those things are spinning, it looks sick. there was a video with a guy with a silver lip and it looks awesome , ill try to find it.

#10 ·
On my last car (Eagle Talon) I painted my rims with Rim paint, and I did all dark color (like a dark silvery, gun-metal color) and it looks cool when clean, but if dirty at all, it looks like serious brake dust. I say keep the rim of chrome or silver. It will look cleaner and better in the long run. I ended up having to sand the paint back off to make the halo around rim. I liked it much better then.

#12 ·
a kid at my school has an M3 coupe with the rims liek the one on the posted pic. He painted the lip chrome and in inside part or whatever it is called, gunmetal. I was goign to mention gunmetal, but "bry" was way ahead of me. Gunmetal + chrome lip = damn sexy.

Attachments

#13 ·
I too dislike the painted rim look. If they weren't factory it would be different, but that color and that style just don't go together for me. A guy I know painted his OEM focus wheels that color, and they look like shit on the car, mostly due to the style of the rim and not the color.

Personally, I think going all chrome would look better.

#14 ·
Like I said being a broke college student so having my rims chromed would be far to expensive, and a waste of money on these shitty looking rims. Does anyone recommend a certain wheel paint and what kind of prep should done.

#15 ·
Alright here is a decent photshop of what I'm hoping my car will look like towards the end of summer. Didn't do the mouldings cause I like the contrast although I want the m tech mouldings.

#19 ·
With what kind of foil is that windows being tinted?? The darkest you could find...? I will doing this with my own car next month, but I am doubt about what darkness....

Furious, I am gonna put this item in your what to do list! :lmao2

#20 ·
really 20% is the darkest you should go. In those pics, it looks like limo tint. Anything under 20 is almost impossible to see well through at night.

#24 ·
Mine is 5% limo tint, 20% looks pretty dark but its better for vision. Even the limo tint insn't to hard to see out of at night, once you get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.