Son...of A Bitch... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMNIT

Today im driving i try to use the sun roof...it works ya....but now
they under part of it..that like the cabin interior...isnt moving with it...its all fucked up...i have to move it...what the hell is this crap!

HELP!

Another problem...
When im in nuetral...with the clutch OUT...it goes click click click click click............ARGGGand when u rev it gets a lot louder...

Now this is in the transmission...it doesnt click when its in gear driving....just when im in nuetral...with the clutch out....

Quick note...i raised the sucker about a month ago...and the transmission is shaking ....is this normal...WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SHIT!

My 1997 cosmos black m3
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780</a>
</span>
bmwforumerm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1993 325i
Photos:
victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to victorgallas Send a message via AIM to victorgallas Send a message via MSN to victorgallas
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwforumerm3@Jan 21 2005, 12:11 AM
DAMNIT

they under part of it..that like the cabin interior...isnt moving with it...its all fucked up...i have to move it...what the hell is this crap!

HELP!

Another problem...
When im in nuetral...with the clutch OUT...it goes click click click click click............ARGGGand when u rev it gets a lot louder...

Now this is in the transmission...it doesnt click when its in gear driving....just when im in nuetral...with the clutch out....

Quick note...i raised the sucker about a month ago...and the transmission is shaking ....is this normal...WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SHIT!
[snapback]275903[/snapback]
Lets go by parts here..
with the sunroof mechanism, there is what is called as sunroof lacht. this little thing catches the interior sliding part and moves back and fort.
whts could have happened is that you accidentally press the swicth to open the sunroof, and then you stop, but this fast swicth probably lowered the metal exterior part by some 4mm, when is at this point, the interior sliding piece is know to be floating.. this is how you slided it back to service it. what could have happened is that the sunroof was at this point and then you went on a hill or something and then it just slided backyards// i know it may sound stupid.. but this point that im talking about is the sunroof procedure./ look on the net for 36 sunroof fix, and it will most likely tell how to move the part back so you can do your work..to make go back in place, just keep the outer metal part of the sunroof lowered by 4mmm in relation to the roof, so the system is at the point. then slide the internal part all the way forward and then press the swicth to close the roof, so it levels with the rest of the cars roof., then open the sunroof and close it. it should work by now, if not, keep reading.

moving on, the other most likely cause is the catcher is broke. this thing is a plastic parrt and it does brake after a while./ in this case youll have to remove the exterior metal sunroof, slide the system back yards and then youll see two little plastic covers on the side,. remove them so you can take the catcher out of the trackl.. is hard to explain it here.. there is this procedure with pics out on the web, or if you want ill send the BMW TIS procedure./ The bentley manual only says how to lubricate the dam thing and remove the exterior part, not hor to fix internal issues./. once you understant how the sunroof works its a brezee, i've rebuild my sunroof so i know what im telling you./.

then about your trasnmission.
it is not normal at all for the tranmisson to shake. so replace the trasnmission support bushings. first of all, and since youre at it the shift linkage bushings too.
then there is something else that could have happened.. open the transmission plug and let the oil out, like you where doing a tranny oil change, good time to go syntetic.... but before the oil gets out, get a metal grid or something to cach metalparts.. what happens is that on some transmission the reverse swicth brakes the metal pin.. this pin the fall to the bottom of the transmission where there is a magnet.. BMW has a service bulletin on this issue on their TIS software. the magnet is located on the rear part of the transmission so after draining stick the finger in there and try to find any loose things.. on the bulleting they say that if no metal parts can be found, then they have to replace the transmission with a rebiuld one.. the bulleting also says that is very hard for the pin to get stuck in between gear, since the gears are so tight

this is one possibility.. the other thing is that you probably have failed, broken, transmission parts.. in this case just get a unit off ebay or junkyard. aound 500

i recomend you to first try replacing the tranny mounts and making sure the biolts betwen tranny and rear of the rngine are tight. then do the oil thing. and if no luck ith that then i would say you need to get that new tranny/ in case the tranny was good and the clucht was the problem. well put the newe tranny since problaly has less miles and then sells your back.

keep us posted.

Fraude an Fahren
BMW &gt; Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
victorgallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by victorgallas+Jan 21 2005, 09:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(victorgallas @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bmwforumerm3@Jan 21 2005, 12:11 AM
DAMNIT

HELP!

Another problem...

[snapback]275903[/snapback]
Lets go by parts here..
with the sunroof mechanism, there is what is called as sunroof lacht. this little thing catches the interior sliding part and moves back and fort.
whts could have happened is that you accidentally press the swicth to open the sunroof, and then you stop, but this fast swicth probably lowered the metal exterior part by some 4mm, when is at this point, the interior sliding piece is know to be floating.. this is how you slided it back to service it. what could have happened is that the sunroof was at this point and then you went on a hill or something and then it just slided backyards// i know it may sound stupid.. but this point that im talking about is the sunroof procedure./ look on the net for 36 sunroof fix, and it will most likely tell how to move the part back so you can do your work..to make go back in place, just keep the outer metal part of the sunroof lowered by 4mmm in relation to the roof, so the system is at the point. then slide the internal part all the way forward and then press the swicth to close the roof, so it levels with the rest of the cars roof., then open the sunroof and close it. it should work by now, if not, keep reading.

moving on, the other most likely cause is the catcher is broke. this thing is a plastic parrt and it does brake after a while./ in this case youll have to remove the exterior metal sunroof, slide the system back yards and then youll see two little plastic covers on the side,. remove them so you can take the catcher out of the trackl.. is hard to explain it here.. there is this procedure with pics out on the web, or if you want ill send the BMW TIS procedure./ The bentley manual only says how to lubricate the dam thing and remove the exterior part, not hor to fix internal issues./. once you understant how the sunroof works its a brezee, i've rebuild my sunroof so i know what im telling you./.

then about your trasnmission.
it is not normal at all for the tranmisson to shake. so replace the trasnmission support bushings. first of all, and since youre at it the shift linkage bushings too.
then there is something else that could have happened.. open the transmission plug and let the oil out, like you where doing a tranny oil change, good time to go syntetic.... but before the oil gets out, get a metal grid or something to cach metalparts.. what happens is that on some transmission the reverse swicth brakes the metal pin.. this pin the fall to the bottom of the transmission where there is a magnet.. BMW has a service bulletin on this issue on their TIS software. the magnet is located on the rear part of the transmission so after draining stick the finger in there and try to find any loose things.. on the bulleting they say that if no metal parts can be found, then they have to replace the transmission with a rebiuld one.. the bulleting also says that is very hard for the pin to get stuck in between gear, since the gears are so tight

this is one possibility.. the other thing is that you probably have failed, broken, transmission parts.. in this case just get a unit off ebay or junkyard. aound 500

i recomend you to first try replacing the tranny mounts and making sure the biolts betwen tranny and rear of the rngine are tight. then do the oil thing. and if no luck ith that then i would say you need to get that new tranny/ in case the tranny was good and the clucht was the problem. well put the newe tranny since problaly has less miles and then sells your back.

keep us posted.
[snapback]276055[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

fuck this shit...lol i think its that peice of plastic. has to be..oh well i aint spending money on that shit.

I can just slide the exterior paneel to open in...just kinda a bitch ...THANKS FOR UR POST!

My 1997 cosmos black m3
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780</a>
</span>
bmwforumerm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)