BMW Werkz banner

Someone stole the key for my locking wheel nuts!!!

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  KILOCHARLIE 
#1 ·
After my accident my car was taken away by my insurers for a damage assessment.

I took all my tool kit out except the locking wheel nut key as i didn't want anything to get stolen from it (it was mint) but left the key in it just in case they needed to remove the wheels.

some bastard must of checked the kit for something to nick, realised i removed everything and thrown the key away in a fit of jealously.

now my wheels are stuck on my car!!!!!

does anyone know what i can do??

I heard each bmw set of locking nuts has a different key with a code written on it.

please help
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 · (Edited)
Tire shop...

If all else fails any tire shop can knock 'em off with an air impact wrench and their special tool. They have a bit that bites into the lock and spins it off. It ruines the lock but at least it's off. Then you go get a new set of McGard locks and register the serial number with McGard in case you lose the key again, they'd be able to mail you another.

Mike

Tools to remove wheel locks (and more....) .....

#5 ·
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they said if i drive the car in, they can find out what key i'll need and they can order one in for £3.50!!

best outcome ever!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.