BMW Werkz banner

Snorkel or Cone

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  WALSRU 
#1 ·
Since I got my car I've been living with just a drop in panel filter. Now that I'm looking for an intake I have two options. Either the Cosmos cold air intake with the full shield from ebay or the intake snorkel that lets me feed off my left brake duct? I know the shield on the cone is a good one, but the snorkel is guaranteed cold air and even a slight ram-air effect. Anyone had any experience with both or either of them? There's a slight cost difference too, the snorkel is listed on BMP as $50? :confused: Maybe I'm looking at an old catalogue.

#4 ·
I'm slightly worried about water, but I don't see a lot of puddles around here so it's not a big concern. And when I'm looking for an intake I'm basing it purely on performance, and if it's loud I'll probably like it better :D.

#5 ·
I have the cosmos one and like it a lot. It is pretty loud at full throttle and high rpms. Not sure about any additional hp, but it 'sounds' faster. So far no problems in downpours. I had a mustang with a similar intake setup, drove it for 2 years with no problems. The brake duct one would be 'better' performance wise, but then your driver's side brake will heat and fade before all others, methinks.

#6 ·
The way that intake was described was as an additional inlet to the stock set up, which is featured by bmw on European m3's. Supposedly it doesn't affect break cooling . . . but I agree, you have to wonder a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.