Silver speaker trim? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Dactyl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dactyl
Silver speaker trim?

Hey all, this is my first post.. I bought a '94 325is about 2 weeks ago and now I don't know where BMW has been all my life. I've been looking around online/on ebay for some speaker trim (those plastic rings) that will go around the front two speakers on the driver/passenger doors but I cant seem to find anything, or anything on this forum about it. The stuff I have now is black and one of them is cracked...

Also, on the subject of trim, the black rubber trim that runs along the left rear window is cracked and I'm trying to find a place that sells that stuff too. Any help would be great... thanks!
Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
try places lke autovouge and bmtown , most UK based sites have it, its a bit harder to find states side.

as for the trim , your pretty much gonn have to look towards the dealership or some sort of scrap yard to find them. its quite the hard to find product and ive yet to come across a site that sells them,, maybe someone else on the forum has...

p.s-welcome to bimmerwerkz
Old 12-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are talking about the two speakers in the doors, the small and the medium, that is not trim. That is all built together with the speakers. I have seen them on Ebay from time to time. Other than that, probably the dealer is the best bet. Mine has not only cracked, some of it has fallen off. Been looking also.
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
tomctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Yeah one of the smaller tweeters' 'trim' cracked on the passenger side.. so I guess its a whole new speaker I may need. I dont mind the black ring as long as there's something there to look at :-/

I figured I'd probly need to go to the dealer for window trim

Thanks guys
Old 12-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
crunkjuice is an unknown quantity at this point
yea u gotta get the a whole new speaker. had the same problem dont go to the dealership tho, might be diff in the states but here in canada it cost $180 for just one tweeter, look around ebay you can find some for around $20-30... post pics of your car looks exactly like mine
crunkjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
ebay...just go to ebay and either replace the speakers or upgrade to HK dual speaker door panels...

used but good condition speaker sets go for $30 on ebay.
used but good condition door panels go for $100 to $200 for a pair or all four on ebay.

I upgraded my entire interior on ebay.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Not cheap, but you can buy them here....

CLICK HERE
Old 12-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
The prob is that I have 2 speakers in each door, so getting the more common rings for the larger speakers only (84mm?) would look bad IMO. I think I'll stick with black, or paint them all chrome.

I'll post pics of my interior redo when I start it (once it gets warmer). Right now theres a real tacky looking suede/cloth fabric with colored lines everywhere so I'm gonna get seat covers and new door panels/reupohlster the door panels.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
rej487 has a spectacular aura aboutrej487 has a spectacular aura aboutrej487 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rej487
Ya, mine has begun to deteriorate on both sides and on both speakers, but its such a minimal thing right now it doesn't really bother me. I guess that's a good thing, although every little creak and noise my car makes bugs the hell out of me
Old 12-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl
The prob is that I have 2 speakers in each door, so getting the more common rings for the larger speakers only (84mm?) would look bad IMO. I think I'll stick with black, or paint them all chrome.

I'll post pics of my interior redo when I start it (once it gets warmer). Right now theres a real tacky looking suede/cloth fabric with colored lines everywhere so I'm gonna get seat covers and new door panels/reupohlster the door panels.
Little confused...the website I posted a link for carries both the small and large speaker surrounds. Like I said a bit expensive, but they are made well, and look nice. Have a friend who ordered these for there car, and they look great.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
yeah mine are all cracked up, and what not, I might try making some.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Like I said a bit expensive, but they are made well, and look nice.
A little too expensive for me ($104 for all 4 rings).. Epoxy, high grit sandpaper, and some paint will work I think, so I'll try that first. Thanks though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)