BMW Werkz banner

side skirts installation?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bimmerfan620 
#1 ·
My car as you all probabley know came with the ugly gray side skirts so i wanted to upgrade the look with the M3 side skirts i finaly pick some up from a local yunk yard that are the same exact color as my car and i only paid $100 for them but the problem i'm having is that i dont know how to install them since my car does not have the holes on the side for the side skirt clips.... some my question is:
1. Has someone done this before that may have pics?
2. Do i need to drill holes and if so what is the measurments?
3. Is there a alternate way to install them?

#2 ·
I've done sideskirt installs on other types of cars, so I'm going to tell you that if the sideskirts have clips in spots where your car does not have holes, you are going to need to drill holes.. the size? now that I do not know, they have to work with the size clips you have properly. and of course, 2 sided tape and some nice gunk (can't remember the name) that you use a caulking gun for, and you should be set.. but I'd pre-fit everything dry before you use the tape and glue.. and when you use the tape, you need to clean the surface off with some alcohol to sterilize the surface free from sediments and particles for a better stick..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.