should I or shouldnt I - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doogle325 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Doogle325
(Thread Starter)
Ok whassup guys ....I recently bought a set of rear bilstein sport shocks and have plans to get the fronts and the lowering spring........Theyve been sitting in my house for like a month already and im too broke to buy the fronts and the springs at this time........Right now my susp is bone stock with 120k on it and I have a terrible ride.....Soooooooo Im itchin to do some wrench turnin today........I wanna install the shocks .....The shocks are for use with lowering springs which I dont have yet. What my question is ...can I install just the rear shocks to satisfy my urge or is it better to wait till I have all the other components. Will it hurt the shock any to run it with stock springs.......Its like 7am EST, hopefully, someone will get back to me by noon today so if I can Ill do the install today......Thanks again guys, I appriciate your input O wise ones.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
it won't hurt anything, but you would be better off waiting to install them with the springs. So much of the work is tedious and repetitive, you would regret not putting them in together because of the work load. If you really want something to do, come change my oil and put my backseat back together one I figure a way to get the rattles to stop.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
#3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Doogle325 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Doogle325
(Thread Starter)
what about some dynamat inder the lip, and then put back the little pins......that might take care of the rattle......BTW....when are you coming to Long Island....we should plan to meet ...or maybe get a regional meet or sumthing like that ....or even just a drive .....my suspention and rim woes should be taken care of by the beginning of june....
#4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
I'll be moving in late August or early September, but I'll be making visits before then. I will be in the area June 3-7, but north of LI. Im staying with some friends in Stamford (CT) and going to the Greenwich Concours de Elegance on the 5-6.

My car looks so sexy right now. I still haven't reassembled my rear seat, plus the racoon damage up front. I did find two strips of sticky shit that i have no clue it is, but I think they were the source of my rattle. I still get some, but no where near as much.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
#5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:15 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
The rear ones are easy to change. The hardest part is actually getting to the bolts to unscrew them on the top. There is write up that I did in the FAQ section with pics of just about everything that you need to do. I would do it all in one day though. You don't need a spring compressor for the back so you could go ahead and do those. Also you won't be repeating really any of the work if you put the springs on the rear later because the rear struts don't do through the springs.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Threadkiller

bitcore will become famous soon enough bitcore will become famous soon enough
Don't you need an alignment afterwards?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)